cfh0384

Storyteller
What is your Minecraft username?
cfh0384

What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
USA

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The medieval politic drama of it all. I've had many different "favorite" characters but I feel that Varys has definitely moved to the top of that list over the years. The almost all knowing Spider, whom all despise, yet wants nothing more than peace for the Realm.

What is your favorite build on our server?
The Red Keep. Beyond the magnificence of the build itself, the crazy scope of the secret passages is insane.

Why do you want to join our server?
Beyond exploring WesterosCraft, I greatly desire to contribute to it's completion once again.

Tell us about your build.
I went with the style of The Reach. I choose the materials from exploring around Appleton. I tried to upload more shots of the exterior but the page says they are too large.

2020-11-14_17.18.48.png2020-11-14_17.19.17.png2020-11-14_17.19.24.png2020-11-14_17.19.35.png2020-11-14_17.19.40.png2020-11-14_17.19.58.png2020-11-14_17.20.24.png2020-11-14_17.35.24.png2020-11-14_17.35.46.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

cfh0384

Storyteller
What is your Minecraft username?
cfh0384

What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
USA

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The medieval politic drama of it all. I've had many different "favorite" characters but I feel that Varys has definitely moved to the top of that list over the years. The almost all knowing Spider, whom all despise, yet wants nothing more than peace for the Realm.

What is your favorite build on our server?
The Red Keep. Beyond the magnificence of the build itself, the crazy scope of the secret passages is insane.

Why do you want to join our server?
Beyond exploring WesterosCraft, I greatly desire to contribute to it's completion once again.

Tell us about your build.
I went with the style of The Reach. I choose the materials from exploring around Appleton. I tried to upload more shots of the exterior but the page says they are too large.

View attachment 5888View attachment 5889View attachment 5890View attachment 5891View attachment 5892View attachment 5893View attachment 5894View attachment 5897View attachment 5898

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow
I forget to mention that I serve her Grace Ben. Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

Sapper

Playwright
Hey sorry for the late replay a mod will comment on this soon, I’ll talk to a mod as well, I liked the build tho, have a good night

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey cfh,

Sorry for letting this sit! Been inundated with work the last week, so have been trying to find some time to reply. Welcome back though, it's good to see you active on the server again.

This seems like a pretty solid Appleton-style house, though unfortunately this style is now rather dated. You'll not see any houses like this in recent projects. I'll give some feedback on some of the main outdated things, and then give you a couple challenge builds to catch you up to speed with current building standards.

- Logs are not used in houses at all anymore, either for interiors or exteriors. They just look super clunky.

- Similarly, try to avoid other clunky exterior details like the arched stair thing over the main door. Simple and elegant is the key (i.e., in this case, either nothing at all, or perhaps a small porch with a shed-type roof made with half slabs and supported by wood fence blocks).

- The gradient is a bit "salt-n-peppery" (having blocks that contrast too much next to each other). Check out /warp gradient on the server for a refresher.

- Don't mix the plaster into the timber frame pattern in a random or checkerboard way, like you did here, it looks pretty messy. You can use the "plain white daub" block in some patterns, such as this example here, when using timber frames only would be too busy. The key is to make sure it's bordered neatly by the other timber frame blocks, as you can see in the example I linked. Also, we have vertical CTM timber frame blocks now, which is really useful.

- Fence windows are outdated, don't do them. Check out the "timber window frame" blocks. Doing windows with a wood slab on top is also fine.

- Avoid rooves with irregular or "bell-shaped" slopes. Rooves should generally just be linear, so 45 degrees or 60 degrees (i.e. a stair -> full block -> stair -> full block pattern) with a clean peak on the top.

- Interiors seem better from what I can tell, but the same generalized feedback applies regarding avoiding clunky stuff and going for simpler designs.

For the first challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp duskendale. Let me know if you have any questions along the way!

Veggie

The Old Bear
This application has been rejected at this stage due to inactivity, you would be welcome to pick this up where we left off in the future.