CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Just a thread to store all my dumb ideas
A while back Loras tricked me into testing out an idea for Sept idol status

FH7smxb.png

xQIADrA.png

RR86wbv.png

First attempt at the Mother was less than ideal.
K68nLee.png

Bannermen banners
1709384338326.png
+ Renly
RpTo7sL.png

Reach carved wood blocks
FRPES4g.png

xfkjN4h.png

Highgarden carved marble
F0KIPlu.png

Miscellaneous lady blocks
vbamBGJ.png

Dreadfoooort
TAxtS0G.png

House icons for a dynmap update
rTAYSnM.png

Spooky baby weirwood
Ywz9w52.png

Scarred Weirwood
1667459036501-png.13995

Myrish carpets
3aDK74E.png

Regional clothing variants
overview-big2-png.11229

Valyrian stone textures
1697539051572.png

1697539268510.png

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I always thought the father would look a little bit older, with pepper and salt hair and beard

SerLoras

Playwright
I was too lazy to make a post about those sept idols blocks after Cash made them for me, but here is how I pitched the idea:
SerLoras said:
So here's a question: what is the most common item throughout Westeros that doesn't have its own block/texture to represent it?

I would argue it's these guys right here.

3x02Hc9.png

Most every medium-small Sept has simple wall blocks representing the Seven, but I think we can do better.

What I envision is a set of blocks, one for each of the seven gods, that actually look like statues. I think the best option would be to use a plant style block (i.e. the +shaped ones used for flowers, grasses, etc.) and to make the texture change when the blocks are stacked (i.e. you get a larger version of the statues if you stack 2 blocks, kind of like what happens when you stack Jungle Tall Grass) so you can have larger 2 block, and maybe even 3 block high statues.

It would also be beneficial to have the statue textures change depending on biome. That way there could be different shades of stone that can better fit with each sept, and there could be a wooden version of the statues which would better fit in lower class septs.

Additionally, I think it would be nice to keep the color aspect that is currently used with the wall blocks in many places. Perhaps it would be possible to incorporate the color for each of the gods into their statue in some way (maybe like a colored sash or a colored base at the bottom).

Obviously, there is always the concern of outdating old builds, but I think this is something that could be easily updated in old builds without any other changes, and I think it would really improve the atmosphere in Septs.

The idols Cash made are beautiful and they should be added to the texture pack!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I like the idea, and would make it possible to have easily identifiable lowclass shrines that don't look too wealthy. Because the icons in item frames are just too rich for a poor man's shrine

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Cash, can you do some charcoal drawings then?

Could, I guess, but not really inclined to. The idea is to update existing septs that use thin logs/walls in place of carved wood/stone statues. This is the first I've even heard of sept charcoal drawings, and to my knowledge we don't have any septs attempting to represent them currently.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Nice work Cash!

I have a couple of suggestions for some of the banners though.

• The banners of the houses Wull and Redfort would look better (and more correct) if their border/bordure would be applied to the shape of their banner.
  • In the same way, the banner of house Banefort would look better if its tressure would be applied the same way as you did with the double tressure of house Vyrwel (which looks stellar).

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
A little while back I played with some ideas for a black plaster/Valyrian stone variant for a (theoretical) Dragonstone re-do/maybe the Hightower.

Scale pattern, the line pattern is based on the stained glass block.
1597032901927.png

Black plaster/stone, noise pattern is inspired by the scorched earth block.
1597032920965.png

Side by side
1597032814761.png

Gradient comparison
1597032941569.png
1597033136408.png

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
IMG_2865.png
Can we revisit adding some more of these banners? In particular I think we should add Houses:

• Velaryon
  • Royce
  • Yronwood
  • Karstark
  • Harlaw
  • Tarth
  • Mooton
  • Blackwood
  • Bracken
I picked these houses in particular because their prominence in canon/story and power-wise.

Ergo House Yronwood would necessitate a banner because of its prominence in Dorne, but House Jordayne doesn’t necessarily need one.

Im hoping perhaps in a far-off chance that we could just go ahead and add them all.

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
Good idea marge yet house tarth isnt really a prominent house , instead we could add house rykerr which rules Duskendale.

also House swann of stonehelm(aino's project) and House Vyrwel of Darkdell(Aeks's project) could be discussed as both being large active projects with prominent houses