Can i recreate these builds and put them in my Own world?

proactivealex

Mummer
I'd like to recreate these builds and put them in my own world on my nintendo switch...it'd take ages but i would love to have some of these builds saved on my switch
is this allowed? i'd put builder credit sign next to it etc.

Enah

Skinchanger
Uh, I'm gonna say no due to that not all of the builders would be giving their permission and you'd be taking their creative and intellectual property, which ain't cool. now you can be inspired by them, sure, but outright copying is just wrong my friend, even with credit given. Besides, wouldn't you like to visit and/or build on our world and share in our glories and community? there's far more to us than meets the eye!

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Also from reading your post it seems you intend to share what you’ve built, and I highly doubt that anyone would notice your credit to us. We also have a pretty strict policy against giving out parts of the world which you’d effectively be doing. Sorry, but no.

If you want to build, join the server! Really if you’d be willing to put in the man hours to recreate builds then I’m sure you could come up with your own ideas!

Reactions: Arkilstorm and Enah

proactivealex

Mummer
all i really wanted to do was recreate the storm's end which is perfect on your map, but i wanted to put my own spin on it and build the tyrell siege which happened in robert's rebellion.

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
If “recreation” wasn’t pretty much block by block replicating storms end then I don’t see why not, I think it’d be cool if you kept us updated on that project. However if it does it becomes harder to say as storms end as we’ve built it is intellectual property of the server, and the various people who planned and created it are largely no longer around so to say yes you can is far too risky when considering us as a server, and the opinions of those who built it individually. Sorry.

However I will say thank you for taking the effort of mankind a thread and asking, we’ve spent hundreds of thousands of man hours working on the sever and someone understanding the factors which come with that effort is very pleasing to see, we’ve had people in the past replicate builds and post on YouTube that it was their work only for them to be promptly shut down. Again thank you, if you’re gonna build your own Storms End however make a thread and keep us updated though!

Reactions: Emoticone11

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I honestly don’t understand the big deal and the negative respones. We’re a public domain, non-profit server, taking heavy inspiration from someone elses (actually copyrighted) intellectual property and nowhere have we defined a valid licensing statement. In fact, we rely on courtesy and common sense from our audience and I think in that regard its very kind of you to ask us, because we sure as hell cannot stop you from copying it if you really wanted to.

I‘d appreciate if we regularly spun out our builds as schematics because at this point any publicity is good publicity. They require using our RP/ modpack thus channeling people through pur site anyways.

Hence, thanks for being proactive proactivealex!
-my two cents

Reactions: Aslanio

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
To whom edited my post: I didn’t know censorship of criticism was a thing now. Apologies for offending, please do heed my point though because it has been valid ever since I stepped down.

Also whitewashing to me seems like the wrong approach to foster a loyal and progressive community.

Reactions: an_escaped_duck

proactivealex

Mummer
So maybe i worded the post wrong. When i said recreate. Of course it won't be block by block copying.
Storm's end / house baratheon was my favorite castle / house from the books and series and this is the only place where i found an accurate representation of storms end on minecraft. So the build on the westeroscraft server would be purely for inspiration, to help me get started.
At the end of the day no one will know i even did this, (unless i update you guys on the project on the fourms here) i dont usually share my builds anyway, this is just for my building leisure on my offline Nintendo switch world.
Tnx for the responses anyway. I'm enjoying exploring the server.

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Worded a lot better :D yeah I’m cool for you to take inspiration as you’ve put it!

Nah but really keep us updated we had a guy build their own version of HG In single player a while back, they’re a builder now I believe :D