Borsdorfer Builder Application

Borsdorfer

Storyteller
What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Germany

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I first go into GoT because of the hype around it but have since read the books, which I find among the best fantasy series out there. I really like GRRM's POV-based writing style and the magical, brutal world he narrates with it. My favorite chapters are often not the large-scale battles and adventures, but rather the interpersonal drama, be it plots and schemes or heartfelt moments out of compassion and love. My favorite character is Sansa (in her book version), who illustrates those little moments and grand themes best: she begins as a stereotypical soon-to-be lady but groes into a clever and shrewd woman, who doesn't lose her compassion, as illustrated by her relationship with Baelish and Sweetrobin respectively.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Highgarden and the surrounding projects, because it shows disney-esque fantasy, which is still grounded in reality. The grand castle stands in great contrast to the low-class houses of poor farmers and their families. And, of course, the building is just gorgeous.

Why do you want to join our server?
I would like to join the WC community because I want to challenge myself to try out something I have never done before: finding a creative outlet in actually making something that has value, in the sense of adding a few of my buildings to the incredible landscapes and projects you guys have already put out.

Tell us about your build.
I built a low-class house in the (attempted) style of Woodwright, one of my favorite projects. It's home to a small family of farmers, and has a small yard primarily for sustenance.

PS: This is also my first ever build in Minecraft, so please don't hold back on feedback!

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Borsdorfer, thanks for your application, sorry it's taken a bit of time for us to get to it.
You've done a really nice job with this house, I can see you've used a Reach style house for inspiration and you've shown great consistency of style.

There's not a lot of improvements I could suggest, since overall it's looking very good. Only small thing I'd suggest is to swap out the grass block inside the door of the house with dirt or mud.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also, if you haven't already, take a look a the Basic Building Guide for some more tips, examples and Do's and Don'ts that will help on future builds.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

Borsdorfer

Storyteller
Thank you very much for your response Cash! I’ll try to get on my first challenge build as soon as possible, but it could take some time since University is starting again, I hope that’s okay.

One question I have is if there’s any way to change the time of day in singleplayer so I can take my screenshots.

Reactions: SseriousBusiness

Veggie

The Old Bear
This application has been rejected at this stage due to inactivity, you would be welcome to pick this up where we left off in the future.