Block Change Request: Tomb Blocks and Empty Tomb Blocks

Homiesucc

Herald
Pronouns
she/her
Request: Tomb Blocks and Empty Tomb Blocks

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
requested by Emot because we essentially have no real way of making empty tombs without winterfell carvings, and those only work in a specific orientation.

My proposal is some form of tomb using the 3d model of the cauldrons, with a slab block for the case using something like the winterfell carvings CTM. It'd be great to have these things for Harrenhal (not biased), Baelors and generally any lords tombs across the continent for any potential major house redos like Blackwood Vale, Gulltown, Eyrie, any updates to the HG crypts, maybe works in sunspear idk how they bury their dead, just do whatever you want with it i dont give a shit

The only thing i think i would advise is not to have religious symbolism on the coffin itself, unless you want to make seperate things for both the northmen and the andals.

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical, Canon

Historical Evidence
UGf2mQ6AifLotYHz9yktjEcIimwkV-UMpqxUhP4XTNcIoXtiWSRDeGPqqa49QNO-Vy6GY8dGYtCJ7MBFQXHUpFkLd0Nwx5G_k2A9Nl_Wo-ynRL5-3IfOyLpjt-9FfUoZRZO-uE5csfQaBvBp_n2ZxoU

Honestly theres nothing really that doesn't look like a tomb, however we have no ways of representing them being open in any way that looks good, and no ways at all of representing the figures on top.
8567068.jpg

medieval-tomb-inside-santa-croce-church-florence-free-photo.jpg

templetombs1.JPG

Canonical Evidence
[ "Their likenesses were carved into the stones that sealed the tombs." ]

George R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones. 04.EDDARD I, paragraph 21 of 75

[ "The crypt continued on into darkness ahead of them, but beyond this point the tombs were empty and unsealed" ]

George R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones. 04.EDDARD I, paragraph 23 of 75

[ "Even when they bore him across the city to his tomb in the Great Sept of Baelor, Cersei kept a careful" ]

George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords. 67.JAIME VIII, paragraph 5 of 128

[ "Those men of his who had died here had been carried back inside the walls, to rest in heroes’ tombs beneath" ]

George R. R. Martin, A Feast for Crows. 09.BRIENNE II, paragraph 85 of 112

“A little spittle on Lord Walder’s tomb is not like to disturb the grave worms,” Qyburn agreed, “but it would also be useful if someone were to be punished for the Red Wedding. A few Frey heads would do much to mollify the north.”
George R. R. Martin, A Feast for Crows

Chapter: 17.CERSEI IV. Paragraphs 99 to 108

[ "his bones were returned to Driftmark from Raventree Hall in 138 AC, the epitaph Lord Alyn put on his tomb" ]

George R. R. Martin, Elio M. García Jr., Linda Antonsson, The World of Ice & Fire. AEGON II, paragraph 27 of 88

I've chosen these quotes because in the context of the situation the tombs theyre talking about mean the actual like coffin part of the tomb rather than the tomb you enter

Finn01

Envoy
I think it would be good, if possible to get variants in different colours, with maybe a couple of different states?

(bit like how the current Winterfell tomb blocks have different carvings within them)

I don't think we should have separate Andal/First Men variants - because if the runic carving blocks get added you can just add those to any tomb block if you wanted to signal First Men/Old Gods. That would provide the most flexibility.

ZEZEWALK

Messenger
In researching the runic carving thread, I came across many graves with carvings of humans or events.
Sucks that runic carvings can't really fit these, but what if this is our chance to add a 1x3 CTM for a new First Men human carving block?
I know this is really ambitious... but it seems like such a cool feature in IRL exhibits, and it'd kill on First Men kingly graves :)

These could also be used above the doors of septs like a tympanum :D

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Fowler, Manwoody, Blackmont, Yronwood, Wyl, Blackwood, Dryland, Mudd, mb Justman, Casterly, Hightower, mb Crayne or Rowan, Durrandon, mb Swann, Darklyn, mb Connington, mb Crabb, Royce, Banefort, mb Sunderland, mb Mooton, Massey. Shawney, Fisher riverlands, fisher north
Stark, Ryder, Frost, Bolton, Flint (breakstone), former Blackwood lands, Dustin (if they're not in barrows)
Some possible FM kingdoms that could have these in particular. just throwing ideas around