Block Change Request: Roman brick - long, thin.

F

FD001__

Request: Roman brick - long, thin.

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
Generally, most bricks in the game are large masonry rubble or ashlar bricks.

We do have small brick variants like the small orange brick blocks for example, but they do not have the distinctive look of ancient Roman bricks that are longer and shallower in depth.

It would be particularly useful in the older areas of the Reach and Westerlands in my eyes, as well as in parts of the Stormlands, possibly Crownlands and even Riverlands.

My strongest reasoning is that we have no way of showing particularly ancient brick structures currently in the server - such as the old structures of Oldtown, particularly old parts of Lannisport (when it is eventually redone) and other parts that I cannot currently think of.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Ancient roman brick 2.jpg
    Ancient roman brick 2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Ancient roman brick 3.jpg
    Ancient roman brick 3.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Ancient roman brick 4.jpg
    Ancient roman brick 4.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 19

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
I love any addition related with bricks as I think they're a really nice and original build material. As far as I know there are some people interested in revamping how we work with orange bricks and their textures (don't take my word for granted though). This proposal can be joined with that.
such as the old structures of Oldtown
Keep in mind GRRM canon says Oldtown is almost all stone, and probably most of its structures are probably made out of it, even the old ones.

Reactions: Guillaaard
F

FD001__

I love any addition related with bricks as I think they're a really nice and original build material. As far as I know there are some people interested in revamping how we work with orange bricks and their textures (don't take my word for granted though). This proposal can be joined with that.

Keep in mind GRRM canon says Oldtown is almost all stone, and probably most of its structures are probably made out of it, even the old ones.
They don't necessarily have to be clay bricks - we could have oldtown/arbor bricks that are long and thin like the Roman ones. I think that maybe this would still look cool, and add a new level of variety to palettes.

Reactions: Azulejo
F

FD001__

This request scratches the surface of a larger proposal that should be addressed. It seems to be a common opinion that improved stone and masonry blocks are wanted
Stone and masonry blocks are the same thing btw. Although there should be something like that for masonry as well. I think it would still be worthwhile to specify these things so that the people who update the texture pack know what to put in.

I'm primarily talking about bricks, as in those fired and made from clay.

Reactions: Thamus_Knoward