Block Change Request: Riverlands Pink Stone Blocks

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Request: Riverlands Pink Stone Blocks

Request Type:
Unique Addition (specific to a build, region, or culture)

Describe the use of this block in said build, region, or culture. How is it unique? To the best of your knowledge how could it be used in a different context?
The Riverlands has at least two canon pink stone projects: Maidenpool and Riverrun. Pinkmaiden is a likely third. I would expect the use of this stone to be restricted to the areas around the Red Fork (because maybe that's where this is naturally occurring?) or at least this is where the stone could be easily transported along.

"Pink" stone doesn't really exist. It's more likely to be a red sandstone, which can appear pink in dry conditions. As Ned observes:
He remembered seeing the Red Keep looming ahead of him in the first grey light of dawn. The rain had darkened the pale pink stone of the massive walls to the color of blood.

Attachments

• goodrich-castle-6.jpg
    goodrich-castle-6.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 14

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I think part of the issue is that our current dun set of bricks is actually quite pink, and not very dun coloured. To then try and make a pink set which doesn't look very similar to our dun set is quite difficult. Here is Duskendale's walls for comparison with real red sandstone walls.

2021-04-18_11.54.19.png
The brown coloured blocks in this gradient (monochrome and stormlands blocks) are actually more of a dun colour.
1618743230843.png

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
As a quick test, I think the way forward might be to find something with a tone on the other side of our current "dun" colour. Here is a test using a section of MP wall, original on the left, palette swap with dun blocks and our current pink blocks on the right.

2021-04-18_12.11.00.png

Just an idea. I've tried adjusting the colours but I think I must be godamn colourblind or something, so I won't be making any attempts myself.

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
I'm annoyingly reviving this thread - but thought it was better to do so here.
The pink sandstone blocks look great and work really well but as we've developed the palette for Riverrun, the original plan to mix the blocks with the Vivid Dark Sandstone palette has been discounted. In the update that bought us the pink sandstone we also added the Vivid Dark Sandstone Engraved block (see here above the windows) - would it please be possible to add a Pink Sandstone version please <3

Thanks!

1685603550435.png

Last edited: