Block Change Request: Northern Cobble/Icy Coble Slabs/Stairs/Walls

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Request: Northern Cobble/Icy Coble Slabs/Stairs/Walls

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
Full variants of the Northern Cobbles would help a lot with block options for updating/completing the Wall Castles. It's a little surprising that a block which is so common in the North doesn't have slab/stair/wall variants. All of the Wall Castles feature ruined/collapsed stone walls with broken edges that these variants would contribute a more robust variety to.

With the Nightfort sever build we've got a great opportunity to update the existing Wall castles with these variants. Dreadfort makes heavy use of these too so SMP might like the chance to mix them in while it's still WIP.

Main drawback is that we've got a few recent projects in the North that wouldn't feature these blocks unless they were updated (the Northern Clans/Winterfell). The project leaders of the Northern clans are still active so would be keen to get their thoughts about adding these variants now.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Just thinking about finalising the plans for the Wall Castle update style guides.

It would be handy to have an idea which way we were leaning with these Northern Cobble variants so I know whether or not to factor them in.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Sorry, must have missed this one! I think it seems like a reasonable/easy addition. I’ll move to in-progress.

How necessary are stairs/slabs/etc. of the icy variant?

Reactions: CashBanks

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Awesome thanks,
I suppose the full set of variants for both would be great, since a lot of their use will be as part of rubble/broken walls which are exposed to the cold/snow it would probably make sense to have them covered in ice.

Now i'm dreaming of 2D icicle variants to work the snow equivalent of vine blockso_O

Reactions: Flip90