Block Change Request: Lizard-Lion Head

Uthormadman424

Poet
Pronouns
he/him
Posting for posterity, and this isn't a joke lol.

Cool for world-building in the neck, the idea is to retexture the dragon-head block to make it appear to be a lizard-lion (alligator/crocodile) in the wetlands of the neck.

Canon:
Lizard-lions resemble partially submerged logs floating still in the water.[1] They live in the water, in slow streams and deep swamps,[2] and have teeth like daggers.[3]

Lizard-lions dwell in the flooded moats around the towers of ruined Moat Cailin.[4] As crocodiles live in the Zamoyos in Sothoryos,[5] lizard-lions appear to be another type of crocodilian reptile. (Reek and Sansa Chapters, and WOIAF)

1090px-House_Reed.jpegLizardLion_by_Kevin_Catalan.jpeg

Imagine in-game (photo creds to me), will need to be adjusted so it looks more like submerged in the water rather than floating above it
2024-02-28_13.03.11.jpg

Here is an inspiration picture of an Alligator in what I assume to be the everglades in Florida
1702493468309.jpeg

Thank you, watch your step in the neck! :p

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Are we imagining just a submerged head or are we thinking of the whole body too? If just the head, might be cool to work out a way to give the appearance of its body in the water maybe

Reactions: Ric and Finn01

Uthormadman424

Poet
Pronouns
he/him
if it's just a retexturing then I would assume just the head. Based on the canon description I tried with jungle-thin logs to make a body with it on top and still looked a little goofy. Maybe with the new texture, a better result would be achieved

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I love the Kevin Catalan image of them being more lion-y than just an alligator. I'd always assumed they'd sit somewhere in between an alligator and a large water monitor (like komodo dragons or goannas). Considering they're a food source for the crannogmen, could we have a block thats a lizard lion hide? We could then put this in the water AND hang it up in camps/use it for furnishings in crannogmen settlements.

Uthormadman424

Poet
Pronouns
he/him
That brings up an interesting idea, that there are 8-9 special animals that inhabit Westeros (the most important, or canon-heavy seem to be the Auroch, Lizard-Lion, Mammoth, Shadowcat, Direwolf, Unicorn, and Kraken). For some of these, their hide can be replicated pretty easily: Mammoth = Dark thatch, Auroch = how we already show cattle, etc.) but for the lizard-lion and I would argue the Shadowcat, I think a cool texture would add to the world-building of those particular places.

Edit: Here is another Kevin Catalan of the shadowcat
Shadowcat_by_kevin_catalan.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Ric and AerioOndos