Block Change Request: Halfdoor arrowslits

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Request: Halfdoor arrowslits

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
While we do use Wooden hoardings quite frequently one thing that really annoys me is the fact that we have 1 block wide gaps for arrow-slits in them, thus rendering them ineffective and especially on smaller builds it often times makes them feel unnecessary blocky and overdone. It is true that adding them would most-likely require an update to a bunch of builds, however given recent additions that effected way more builds, such as window frames I think we can manage just fine replacing them on the few locations where they are.

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical, Canon

Historical Evidence
330px-Caerphilly_Castle_%288100708038%29.jpg

hurdycja-Carcassonne.jpg
View attachment 6781

Canonical Evidence
" Hammers rang in the morning air as carpenters swarmed over the Mud Gate, extending wooden hoardings from the battlements. "
"He spoke to the archers on the hoardings before, and gave them a few tips on handling a crossbow, he did. All agree, he's a right brave boy."

File(s) attached

Attachments

• halfdoorAS.jpg
    halfdoorAS.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 16

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I now realize that if we had done half-door arrowslits from the start we could have a) had directional placement and b) done this kind of depth from the beginning.

Hoardings seem reasonable but they also set a precedent for directional placement of openings. And that could lead to them being used in "brown" stone builds.

Also, triangular or circular holes were invented to accommodate guns, so we'd have to go with a boring old rectangular opening.

_Simbaa

Printmaker
I now realize that if we had done half-door arrowslits from the start we could have a) had directional placement and b) done this kind of depth from the beginning.

Hoardings seem reasonable but they also set a precedent for directional placement of openings. And that could lead to them being used in "brown" stone builds.

Also, triangular or circular holes were invented to accommodate guns, so we'd have to go with a boring old rectangular opening.
I dont think they would be used in a brown stone builds, firstly there are not many of them and given the texture difference I dont think it would end up looking good. And it could be made into taboo.
Also our regular arrowslit texture already have circular holes for gunpowder weapons, and i think boring old rectangular opening wouldnt be boring at all.

• Love
Reactions: AerioOndos and Luk