Block Change Request: Giant Bat Skeleton Block

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Request: Giant Bat Skeleton Block

Request Type: Unique Addition (specific to a build, region, or culture)

Describe the use of this block in said build, region, or culture. How is it unique? To the best of your knowledge how could it be used in a different context?
This is a described feature Bran sees in the three-eyed-crow cave, besides being a very cool thing to have, adding to the feeling of wonder and unknown that area of Westeros has.

Types of evidence to support your request: Canon

Canonical Evidence
From A Dance with Dragons, chapter 34 (Bran III): "As Hodor he explored the caves. He found chambers full of bones, shafts that plunged deep into the earth, a place where the skeletons of gigantic bats hung upside down from the ceiling."

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
I almost wonder if this request could actually be used to fulfill some generic bone 3D model type blocks? Something modular. Ribcages, skulls of a few different animals, femurs, a smart assortment of stuff. Then, we could just add a simple bat skull model. But these blocks could also be assembled in other parts of Westeros to form bigger skeletons of creatures like mammoths or elk etc. Might add a lot of atmosphere to crypts, graveyards, certain wildling camps...

Finn01

Envoy
I could see the giant bat skeleton thing being like the icicle block where:

• 1 block - small skeletal remains of some kind, like just the feet and a bit of spine left.
  • 2 blocks - a full giant bat skeleton.

I almost wonder if this request could actually be used to fulfill some generic bone 3D model type blocks? Something modular. Ribcages, skulls of a few different animals, femurs, a smart assortment of stuff. Then, we could just add a simple bat skull model. But these blocks could also be assembled in other parts of Westeros to form bigger skeletons of creatures like mammoths or elk etc. Might add a lot of atmosphere to crypts, graveyards, certain wildling camps...

On this point,

We could probably have a few skeleton blocks that would be great.

• Skeleton slumped against wall
  • Charred skeleton of some kind
  • Headless skeleton
  • Skeleton hanging, maybe with sack over head that could connect to vertical rope texture
  • Giant skeleton
Just a bunch of ideas, I'm not sure how feasible these could be.