Block Change Request: CTM stackable fire blocks

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Request: CTM stackable fire blocks

Request Type:
General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
I'm not sure if it's possible at all, but wondered if we could add a stackable CTM Safe Fire Block, in order to create larger bonfires. Considering how large the flames are supposed to be from the beacon of the hightower, this was my original thought, so as to create a larger fire akin to that linked below, but it would also be useful to have for beacons throughout the kingdom.

Achieving large fires by adding lots of smoke is the only way we currently have to achieve such a look, and it doesn't quite have the same feel..

Just a thought!

1710843616706.png

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
The main difficulty here is that the vertical panes on the fire block have a slight angle to them (IIRC), so they wouldn't line up for CTM. Also, having a flat vertical stack of fire blocks would likely look unnatural even with CTM.

One option may be to add a web-based "wildfire" block with random CTM, similar to smoke blocks, that can look good when used in arbitrary formations. A different route altogether would be to add a custom particle generator for things like this.

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Thanks, Emot! Because the fire block acts like a brazier, in that it's two different pieces I think? (please excuse the fact I have no idea what I'm talking about!) I didn't think it'd be a straight forward addition, but more open to anyone's ideas for how we might be able to create a massive roaring fire without it causing you a ton of additional work!

Reactions: Finn01

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
The main difficulty here is that the vertical panes on the fire block have a slight angle to them (IIRC), so they wouldn't line up for CTM. Also, having a flat vertical stack of fire blocks would likely look unnatural even with CTM.

One option may be to add a web-based "wildfire" block with random CTM, similar to smoke blocks, that can look good when used in arbitrary formations. A different route altogether would be to add a custom particle generator for things like this.
A particle generator at least with command blocks is doable but some ppls computers would bork, I do know how to make them “persistent” even away from the usual chunk limits

Reactions: Finn01

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
i do think this is a really good candidate for a custom particle generator tbh. we wont ever allow command blocks on the server - way too dangerous. i actually started a particle generator block a couple weeks ago but i dont think i can pick it back up for a while unless i can get someone else to do it. The web based block would be an ok solution too

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell