Block Change Request: Biome dependant flower pot/cup

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Request: Biome dependant flower pot/cup

Request Type: Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
Wooden utensils were widly used in the Middle Ages (and in all times) but usually we underestimate their usage due to them not been preserved in the archaeological record. We now know this and it's a widly accepted truth. However it is true that in some areas of the world ceramic utensils were the norm even for the more futile usages.

I think it could be a nice detail having our current flower pot/cup texture change according to biomes. I would propose it been a ceramic pot in Mushroom Island and Desert biomes (Dorne/The Arbor/Red Moutains/Southern tip of The Reach), and retaining its current aspect in the rest of the biomes (unless someone else comes up with other regional variants for it).

2021-12-17_13.24.32.png

I'm not aware if it is possible to retroactively add biome dependecy to a block, specialy one with such a unique model and funcionality. If not an alternative would be to just add another flower pot/cup with a ceramic texture, and replace most of the wooden pots on the southern regions of Westeros. That alternative might even add more freedom when working with them.​

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
Regions where wood wasn't an extremely accesible source usually used more ceramic utensils, even for the common day-to-day usages.

1_198_003.jpg

File(s) attached