Block Change Request: Alternative brown roof tiles

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Request: Alternative brown roof tiles

Request Type:
Unique Addition (specific to a build, region, or culture)

Describe the use of this block in said build, region, or culture. How is it unique? To the best of your knowledge how could it be used in a different context?
Currently we have one brown roof tile colour. WHile it works wonderfully as is, I would appreciate the addition of another brown coloured roof tile, with a more desaturated look, based on the roof tiles found in Southern Spain and North Africa, as well as many areas of the Mediterranean. This would make it so that the southernmost projects have additional choices when building their roofs. I wouldn't make too different to the current brown slate, about the same degree of difference as orange and red-orange have. Here are some pics of the colour I'm after.

collage 5.jpg

As you can see the tiles are basically within the same range as our current brown roof tiles, but more desaturated, "dusty" and light. And occasionally I can see a pinkish undertone on them, compared to the more yellow current brown roof tile.​

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
Roof tiles in southern Iberia, North Africa and many areas of the Mediterranean have a desaturated brown look, partly due to weather exposure wearing them out.​

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Could this be combined with a wooden shingle block? The weathered wood could look similar to a weathered brown tile

Reactions: Finn01