Block Change Request: Additional icicles and CTM

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Request: Additional icicles and CTM

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
The current icicle block is great, but I think the North in general would be better suited with some additional icicle blocks for immersion and decorative purposes.
I'm thinking an icicle block that works with horizontal ctm, something similar to this, with better textures/more well thought shapes of course:

1707689977946.png

I also think our current icicle block could use some random CTM to give the icicles some personality.

It might also be worth some kind of icicle block that behaves the same as the current block, BUT its much smaller. Might be useful for indiviual decoration and avoiding awkward situations like the current icicles on trees:

1707690137366.png

File(s) attached

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
This is by no means official, I was just bored and figured it would be easy and wanted to see how it would look in game. So I made a custom Icicles block in WesterosBlocks that behaves exactly like the clothesline block. I just have 2 total textures that are random, but the effect looks pretty good imo

1707869840758.png
One problem I have though is when you mix in the regular existing icicle block, the textures don't quite mix well. So one will have to be adjusted to match the other unless I'm missing a color property in WesterosBlocks or something

1707869921416.png

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
This also might be an interesting candidate for using a custom model, but I'd only start playing around with that if some other people on the block team agree

Reactions: Finn01

Finn01

Envoy
This is by no means official, I was just bored and figured it would be easy and wanted to see how it would look in game. So I made a custom Icicles block in WesterosBlocks that behaves exactly like the clothesline block. I just have 2 total textures that are random, but the effect looks pretty good imo

View attachment 18768
One problem I have though is when you mix in the regular existing icicle block, the textures don't quite mix well. So one will have to be adjusted to match the other unless I'm missing a color property in WesterosBlocks or something

View attachment 18769
Instead of it behaving like the clothesline block, it could behave like half doors so that it can be placed on the edges of the blocks as if water has dripped down to the edge of the block and formed that way.

• Nice
Reactions: Uthormadman424

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
ok - this is the halfdoor type, the bounding box/side textures etc are obviously all messed up, but placing the icicles at the front of the block looks nice. Being able to place them in the front, middle, and back half of any given block might lead to some really nice effects

1708037042007.png

Reactions: Finn01