Block Change Request: [Addition] Hemp block

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Request: [Addition] Hemp block

Request Type:
General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
Making an official reminder on the hemp request made some time ago.
As far as I know, it was already approved, but just need to finish the production. I would really appreciate to have it in the next texture update!

The block should be a CTM of 2 and 3 blocks tall.

The hemp species is Cannabis sativa sativa, and not indica (which is usually the drug variety). Plants were tall and thin, as the longer the stem, the longer the fibers to use (see image linked).

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
Hemp was grown since Neolithic, originated in middle east and followed humans migrations since then. In Europe, it was grown a lot due to the multiple uses: clothes, fabrics, ropes, paper, medicine, cooking (ex: oil from the seeds), sails, etc.

It was as common as flax and cotton, if not more. We can easily assume that it could be found from southern Reach/border with Dorne to the Neck, with a predilection for the Reach, westerlands, northern Dorne and western stormlands.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• 27-single-default.jpg
    27-single-default.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey, seeing there's a lot of new requests, just want to bump this one to be sure it's not buried and it will come in the next update.

I've started to implement hemp in several in progress projects already, whenever it's released, and I'll be happy to edit/add some hemp fields where it fits (like near rope makers).

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I'm fine with adding this. I've moved to in-progess, though I'd like to see some details fleshed out on (a) where in Westeros that hemp production might be a significant industry, and (b) a process for retrofitting existing builds in those regions with the new texture (whether replacing hemp fields currently represented using another block, or changing a field of another type to hemp and adding the associated industry).

Thamus_Knoward , would you mind posting the tile/PSD for the hemp texture you have currently in this thread?

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
All that's still needed is to adjust the color afair. I never made a PSD for this, or at least not one with layers that you could manipulate. :S Sorry!

Please be aware that I've decided to license all my original work under CC-BY-4.0

You are free to:​

• Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
  • Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
  • for any purpose, even commercially.

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

Attachments

• hemp.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 6