Block Change Request: 3D Tools and Utensils

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Request: 3D Tools and Utensils

Request Type: Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
We have a range of common tools that are used ubiquitously: Shovel, Pickaxe, Axe, Cleaver, and Dagger. The issue I have with them is that in our current resource pack they are completely flat and thus virtually disappear when looked at from a certain direction.

In addition, the textures are among the earliest original Doku textures that still remain in our pack. They clash with the much more realistic and less cartoony look of our nature blocks which are chiefly taken from the Conquest Reforged Resource pack and many of the other detailing blocks which I have previously created.

Hence I propose that we replace their block models and retexture them entirely.

I've made a solution that I am content with:

367e0edb65.jpg

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder

Aino

Envoy
Pronouns
she/her
I am personally very much not a fan of this specific change, the 3D tools and utensils just look.. odd and out of place. I can't say whether its that they're 3D models or if its something to do with their texture/design, but it feels wrong to me, for lack of a better description. I am probably in the small minority here but I'd like to either see the textures redone, or for the proposal to not go through. Though it is rather obnoxious that the block disappears when looking at it from certain angles, I do not fee the current blocks feel too "cartoony" as you have claimed.

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8