Bezz0 Builder Application

Bezz0

Mummer

UK

Heard about the server a while ago when scrolling through YouTube build tutorials...(actually this was 5 years ago and sadly didn't have time to pursue an application then ...).

LOTR

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7
All of the above

Hmmm.... Olenna Tyrell maybe for her wisdom and cunning? Or maybe Cersei for her pure evil streak... :D

I really enjoy creating builds which fit into the landscape and give buildings context. Also, I happily accept criticism and think I can adapt my style to suit the server needs yet maintain originality.

I always have a large build project ongoing in MC but its never satisfying doing it alone! And it doesn't get much larger than this. It would be amazing to contribute to this ambitious project. Building with others too would be great :).

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Enah

Skinchanger
hey there! so, this is a really nice start for a builder app! very, very few things i'm seeing off about it :D

1 the thatch should either sit directly on the wall without an overhanging eave or add either wood/thatch stair underneath as the right angle is odd and jarring.

2 peasant cottages would be typically one room, however, trying to divide the room with a small partion or a temporary wall is nice, like a wattle or halfdoor one. they would also organize the items for storage together

3 speaking or storage, where does thsi family keep their wooden bowls and spoons? a cabinet or gate/carpet shelf is great to make a more realisitic setting

4 the ceiling inside is nice, though the room should be open to the roof where there would be either rafters or a solid sloping ceiling to support the roof

5 the chimney is nice, but, having it inside as you have done takes away valuable space that could be a more pronounced kitchen area. we have many many chimney and hearth styles, checking out some common ones at /warp ikea is something even experienced builders and mods do!

otherwise that's about it, not that much really you're off to a great start! so, imma give you a series of build challenges to make sure you are up to our standards. please build for me a house in the style of White Harbour, any class you want. pay particular attention to how the walls and interiors do. the style is simple, but can be a challenge to pull off properly! good luck!

Reactions: lemonbear

Bezz0

Mummer
Hey, Enah. Great, thanks a lot for the feedback!

Yeah, I think a more well defined partition of the interior + kitchen space would certainly improve the build.

I'll take a look at your recommendations and then get started with the White Harbour house :).

Enah

Skinchanger
hey there, are you still interested in becoming a builder? if so, please respond within a week otherwise i will close the application