Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
AuntDestroyer69

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Austria

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
Everything honestly. The character arcs, the story getting bigger and bigger (from Stark vs. Lannister to this huge conflict) but my favorite thing is just the world in general, all the different locations and places with their own cultures and backgrounds.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Finished: Highgarden
Unfinished: The Arbor

Why do you want to join our server?
Because I have always admired the hard work and dedication you put into all of your builds and I want to be a part of that.

App 1.pngApp 2.pngApp 3.pngApp 4.pngApp 8.pngApp 9.pngApp 10.pngApp 5.pngApp 6.pngApp 7.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey AuntDestroyer,

Thanks for the application, and glad to see your interest in joining the team after seeing your name around as a guest for a while! :)

Nice work with the apphouse, not seeing any issues there. I hope the exercise was a helpful introduction to our block pack and building style. I love how you seamlessly integrated it into a small village as well! For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. I recommend studying the elements of multiple houses in the style (furniture, timber frame patterns, rafter designs, etc.) and trying to synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp tortown. Let me know if you've got any questions about anything!

AuntDestroyer69

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! Here is my medium-sized house in the style of tortown. After reading the original project application by Margaery I decided to add a profession to the house and The Tor seems to be the perfect place for a bookbinder. Don't mind any of the other houses, I just added them as a decoration (they're completely empty).

Attachments

• App 1.png
    App 1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • App 2.png
    App 2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • App 3.png
    App 3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • App 4.png
    App 4.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • App 5.png
    App 5.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • App 6.png
    App 6.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • App 7.png
    App 7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

AuntDestroyer69

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
On the ground floor there is a little shop area and on the upper floor I added a little living/eating/cooking area and two bedrooms, one for the parents and one for their children (with a portrait of the Maiden on the wall)

Attachments

• App 13.png
    App 13.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • App 12.png
    App 12.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • App 11.png
    App 11.png
    921.7 KB · Views: 2
  • App 10.png
    App 10.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • App 9.png
    App 9.png
    695.3 KB · Views: 2
  • App 8.png
    App 8.png
    786.8 KB · Views: 2

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey AuntDestroyer,

Overall great work with this challenge! You got the style down quite well, and again impressive work in incorporating it into an entire street.

The only feedback I have is sort of a picky thing, but when doing buildings with plaster, it's important that the plaster is used more in the center of the building rather than the edges. The reason is that the bricks are used to show spots where the original plaster has corroded and shown the material underneath, which would typically happen around extremities (corners, edges, windows, etc.). This image shows a very rough example of what I mean:

2024-01-12_21.22.47.png

Anyways, for the next challenge build, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp Fairmarket, with a small yard. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!