Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
Argent0_

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
From a friend

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
Fantasy is one of my favorite genres, and I find the grounded fantasy of GoT & ASoIaF quite interesting, especially in contrast to the mostly idealist/utopian fantasy stories in the genre.

What is your favorite build on our server?
So far, the little I've seen of Old Town is very nice, I really dig the pallete and style.

Why do you want to join our server?
Organized building projects in MC are always fun, and this seems to be exceptional in that regard, builds and community both. I am familiar with this style of server 'world-building', and I seem to find myself enjoying having diverse projects to work on, something this server seems a good fit for.

Imgur Album:

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Argent, thanks for your application.

Well done with replicating the application house, As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

Reactions: FD001__ and Argent

Argent

Bard
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Again,

I'm looking to continue my application!

I wanted to check in to see if there is a newer/more current style you would like me to build in that would be more representative of server projects as some time has gone by since this response.

Cheers!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey welcome back!

Glad to see you're still interested in joining the server (Inspired by House of the Dragon perhaps? :p) . Thankfully, Tarbeck still remains a gold standard example of Westerlands architecture so feel free to make a start on that Low Class Farmer's house similar to the ones found at /warp tarbeck.

Argent

Bard
Pronouns
he/him
Here's that Tarbeck test

I ended up referencing some of the areas around the Westerlands in this build as well, trying to get a really solid feel for the big and little picture stuff of Westerlands stylings - (Parren & Stackspear in particular were helpful inspirations as well.) The low-class farmer is included as well as some other buildings.

*Other note would be the use of a limited number of crops for simplicities sake not having WE in my sp profile atm.

Imgur Link:

Cheers!

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Argent,
Brilliant work with these test Tarbeck houses.

I don't have a lot of feedback, you've really nailed all the small details and I like how you've set out the interior spaces along with the the yard and things like the crops in the yard, animal pen etc garden

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the Highgarden style of /warp hgtown. Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, you can take a look at the finished houses in the Highgarden area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in the Reach e.g. carpenter/wine merchant/tailor/blacksmith).

Would be great if you noted in the post which profession you go with.

Good luck!

Reactions: Rexstop15