Joseph

Bard
What is your Minecraft username?
JosephUnderlight

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Perú

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I like how GRR Martin describe everything in their books (I just read the first book but my friends told me that there are important information xD), my favorite character would be Tyrion because although people despise him for his looks, he is still strong and does not let a bad comment from his enemies weaken him and my favorite battle is the battle of Summerhall and how Robert Baratheon wins 3 battles just in a day that was AWESOME.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I guess is Highgarden, it looks fancy and medieval at the same time and the gardens are my favorite place in that castle.

Why do you want to join our server?
I always liked medieval houses, cities and castles but I feel like my projects weren't too good like the ones I found on the server so that's why maybe I will get tested with you and maybe learn something else.

Tell us about your build.
My build is a medieval high class house has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, a privy under the stairs, a small lobby and next to it a small house where there is a small kitchen above it an entire floor where the servants sleep and an attic.
Out of the house has a little garden with a small area for crops.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/42rLLdI

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Reactions: ContraBlonde

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Joseph,

Very sorry for letting this app slip under the radar! Somehow I missed it entirely. In the future feel free to bump if it's been 5 days without a reply (though I should be able to reply sooner than that from now on).

This is a super nicely done house; I've seen that you've been pretty active on the server lately, so your studying seems to have paid off. I have a little bit of picky feedback on the house, but nothing major:

- The timber frame pattern looks pretty good, you've hit a good balance between too simple and too busy. However, I'd suggest avoiding the horizontal CTM patterns in general (as shown here).

- The gradient is slightly messy in a couple spots, but not bad overall. You want to avoid having two blocks touching each other if they contrast too much in terms of texture or darkness. For instance, here you should have the Reach light brick variant in-between to transition.

- I'm not a fan of this fireplace design due to the way the topmost stair block only touches on the corners, and the overall complexity of the design. It's usually best to keep it simple with fireplaces and stoves.

- There's usually not a need for an actual privy in a house; unless it's a manse or something they'd probably just use a basket or chamber pot which they empty into a local cesspit or stream.

To start you off with a challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp duskendale. Let me know if you've got any questions about the feedback or challenge style. Good luck!

Joseph

Bard
sorry for the delay I did not have internet and I could not fulfill my challenge, could it be a middle class carpenter's house?

Joseph

Bard
hi Emot!, thank u for wait for my challenge and for the feedbacks they served me too much and this time I hope I did well.
To explain my challenge is a middle class carpenter's house with the style of Duskendale I did it with jungle planks and vertical wood and brown daub & wattle.
I hope you like it!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Joseph,

Most excellent work, as before :) The exterior looks amazing, very nicely done. I only have a few minor points of feedback to give:

- The stone gradient in the base could be slightly less messy in some spots; basically this is just a matter of making the mix between dark monochrome sandstone and stormlands brick less random, and more of a smooth transition from bottom to top.

- Avoid mixing dark and light thatch carpet together, as this also looks rather messy due to the harsh contrast between the two.

For the next challenge, I want to see how you do with a more rural style - please make a farmstead in the style of /warp gaunt. At the very least, a farmstead should include a home for living, a sizeable yard with vegetable and herb patches, a barn and pens for livestock, etc. but I encourage you to do research on top of this. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Joseph

Bard
Hi Emote! I just finished my house I hope you like it!

Attachments

• 2021-01-24_16.32.44.png
    2021-01-24_16.32.44.png
    660 KB · Views: 20
  • 2021-01-24_16.32.55.png
    2021-01-24_16.32.55.png
    505.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2021-01-24_16.33.04.png
    2021-01-24_16.33.04.png
    686.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2021-01-24_16.33.16.png
    2021-01-24_16.33.16.png
    645.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021-01-24_16.33.36.png
    2021-01-24_16.33.36.png
    997 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021-01-24_16.34.00.png
    2021-01-24_16.34.00.png
    516.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2021-01-24_16.34.07.png
    2021-01-24_16.34.07.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: JJLyric

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Joseph,

Nice work again - I was looking for a slightly larger complex when I mentioned a "farmstead" (with an outer wall/fence of some sort), but that was just a miscommunication on my part. The house and yard are very well-done and I like the clean presentation of the build; I'm confident you'd have no trouble going the small distance to make it a full farmstead.

I think you'll learn more as a probationary builder on the server at this point, so consider yourself approved! :)

To get promoted to builder, ask a moderator in-game next time you catch one online. The next step is to read over the New Builder guide, found here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide
And also make yourself a probation thread in the probation forum.

You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find these at /warp build (possibly outdated as people forget to update it sometimes), and also by going to our dynmap and toggling "Open Plot", which is a new feature that we're testing, or otherwise just asking around to see which builds are open. Also, you can ask a mod to set you up with a plot in the Test world.

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so, give constructive feedback on your houses for the next month, and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general. As sometimes the probie leaders can be busy IRL, I also highly suggest seeking out feedback from project leaders and other online builders. At the end, you'll be made full builder.

Welcome to the team, I look forward to building with you! :D