Almanach Expansion + Food & Crafting Recipes

W1ck3dWolf

Messenger
Here is a link to the official GoT wiki where they list the common food items in Westeros, and as well as Essos. I will include my recipes for each item that needs crafted below. Obviously, the argirulture related foods (apples, almonds, etc.) will have to be harvested from their respective trees, bushes, vines, etc. Here is the link, and my recipes are below that...some of them require certain crafting bench types, so be sure to check that post out as well!

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Food_and_Drink

Food Recipes
226534.png

Hard Cheese will be crafted using a Churner. The bonemeal represents salt and pink dye represents cream.

226532.png

Honey will be crafted at a regular Food Table. The yellow dye represents honeycomb. Honeycomb will be harvested from beehives.
226533.png

Cream will also be crafted in a Churn. Milk is obtained the vanilla way, or bought.
226535.png

Olive Oil will be crafted at a Food Table. The dark green dye represents the olives harvested from olive trees, and the glass is needed to contain the oil.
226538.png

Bacon Strips will be crafted at the Butcher's Table. One recipe yields 6 bacon strips, each strip replenishes .5 hearts. Again, bonemeal represents salt.
226539.png

Salted Pork is another variation of pork. Made again at the Butcher's Table using a piece of pork, and salt (bonemeal).
226540.png

Honey Ham is the last variation of pork I have created. It is crafted at a Butcher's Table, with the yellow dye standing for honey and the bonemeal as salt.

Frog's, Venison, Boar, Pigeon, Ducks, Partridges, Crab, Lobsters, and Partridges are some of the other meats eaten by the folk of Westeros. We can most certainly add these by adding the respective animal, or make these available only from purchase of a hunter NPC. (Fun fact, this guy can also sell furs! See my Almanach Expansion + Items posting!)

The dishes served in Westeros are also listed in that link. I will get into that now.

First thing I want to address is items that, due to there being no accurate reference for me to create a recipe for it, certain meals will be available only by purchase. This is due to the fact that nobody knows these recipes - they vary too much! Here are the ones that may ONLY be bought:

Bowl of Brown
Fermented Crab
Frey Pie
Kidney Pie
Lamprey Pie
Pigeon Pie

Now onto the recipes for those meals we CAN create ourselves!

226541.png

Candied Almonds will be created at a Food Table. Obviously, the cocoa beans represent the almonds.
226542.png

Candied Plums are exactly the same as Candied Almonds. The only difference is that a plum is used in place of the almonds.
226543.png

Custard will be made in a Churner. The pink dye represents Cream. (This was generally used as a dessert topping, but I guess they ate it both with and without dessert.)
226544.png

Duck Sausage is crafted at the Butcher's Table. The orange dye represents Duck meat obtained from killing ducks, or buying it from a hunter NPC.
226545.png

Gingerbread is created at a Food Table. The recipe is as follows above!
226546.png

Honey Cake will be created at a Food Table. The yellow dye represents honey.
226547.png

Lemon Pie will also be created at a Food Table. The orange dye represents lemons (which are obtained from lemon trees).

For the drinks, I want to use potions with unique names, effects, and duration. I found a website we could use that lets us port the created potion to our server. Or we can just create them through code (probably safer tbh).

Once Essos has been created/confirmed, I will begin making recipes for those items on the Wiki. For now, take a look over these and leave me some feedback! Also be sure check out my other posts!

AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR READING! YOUR FEEDBACK IS MUCH APPRECIATED AND WARRANTED! HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
This is a Google doc I made a long time ago with all the food mentioned in the books (that I could find), as well as medicine and poisons:

I initially planned to add trinkets as well (like things that a person could buy in shops or whatever), but ended up not following through. If anyone's interested, I can give them editing permissions on the document and they can add more food quotes and foodstuffs to the lists.

W1ck3dWolf

Messenger
This is a Google doc I made a long time ago with all the food mentioned in the books (that I could find), as well as medicine and poisons:

I initially planned to add trinkets as well (like things that a person could buy in shops or whatever), but ended up not following through. If anyone's interested, I can give them editing permissions on the document and they can add more food quotes and foodstuffs to the lists.
I'd love to have permission to edit! I'm sure lots can be gained from joining our knowledge. I'll have to make some more recipes to accommodate the extra information given here.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I've spotted a difference between the recipes and the doc. So sugar is presumably expensive and rarely used and Honey is the mainstay. So these candied fruit recipes should include honey rather than sugar.

PS, sugar is in no way needed to make honey from honeycomb. In fact, honey is more often mixed with water to make it less sweet and have stretch the quantity.

Reactions: W1ck3dWolf