Alfredopaul Builder Application

Alfredopaul

Mummer
I`m sixteen years old.

I live in germany, Specially North Rhine-Westphalia.

I see a westeros walk video from the Westeroscraft you tube channel. I think anything about a castle in the Reach.

Lords of the rings and the elder scrolls.

Game of Thrones

All of the above

The fan favourite charackter Tyrion Lannister. Because his great patter, he is very good written by George R. R. Martin.

I play Minecraft for six years and invested a lot of hours to see your server. I`m good at history and i know what a city or castle need to be finished. I learn fast the architecture of the seven kingdoms, and i think i can good help on the server.
Key skills:
historical and asoiaf knowledge
enthusiastic
willing to learn
creative

Firstly:
I build for a lot of time but nobody can see my buildings. I think a Server is the best possibility.
Secondly:
I love the world of asoiaf and i love the idea to build this great world to minecraft. With all little and big castle, villages and citys.
Thirdly:
I like the a lot of more blocks and details that i can make into my buildings. Barrels, crates ,chain and a lot of variation of stone walls and more.
Fourthly:
I love the buildings at the server and i want to help to finished this great world.
Fifthly:
I want to learn more buildings skills.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Alfredo,
Thanks for your application glad to see you're a fan of GoT and you have seen some of our Westeros walks videos

The house you've built is a great start, you've clearly put a lot of thought and effort into it and and I can see you've explored our custom blocks.

I'll give you some general notes and tips which should help with future builds.
- On our server we classify buildings based on their class, they are either Low, Middle or High class, and this indicates the size/wealth/fanciness/profession of the building. The house you have built is quite large and sophisticated, and used a number of blocks that we would usually reserve for high class houses (the blue stained glass, the large flag, colored shutters, fabric rolls). On future builds it's worth keeping in mind that these blocks should generally only be used on Middle/High class houses and as you become acquainted with the server and our building styles you'll become more familiar with the kinds of blocks we would typically use on the average build.

- Overall size and shape is great, just regarding the exterior wall blocks, we generally avoid using the large wooden logs in houses these days, as it tends to look a little clunky and dated. Each town/location will have it's own unique style but houses will generally be a mix of stone bricks, wood planks or daub.

- The daub patterns look very nice and symmetrical
- For tables like in the pic below, we would typically use either piston blocks, slabs or hoppers rather than carpets on fence (this lets you place things like flagons, bowls, daggers on top of them). The thatch carpet block is also usually just used to represent thatch on the ground. Wooden slabs would also work better for long benches, and you can add a "half door" block
iuaUBxb.jpg

- You can also use half doors instead of trapdoors at the end of beds for the bunk beds and other places you have used them.

You're definitely off to a good start, take a look at the other sugestions on the wiki page http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Basic_Building_Guide_for_Applicants as well as /warp furnish for more tips.

For the first challenge build, please make an average sized Low Class house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

I'll see if @IwanDeLarch is available for translation services :p

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Just in case you got any questions or aren't sure you understood Cash correctly (silly australian accent, I don't understand that gibberish either...), feel free to shoot me a PM :p

Reactions: CashBanks

Alfredopaul

Mummer
Just in case you got any questions or aren't sure you understood Cash correctly (silly australian accent, I don't understand that gibberish either...), feel free to shoot me a PM :p
My problem is not to understand english, more to write correct english^^ In Germany we learn terrible english with german syntax.

Alfredopaul

Mummer
OK thanks CashBanks.
Thank you for the praise.
I think i understand. And the critique is comprehensibly.
I know my problem that i to generous to the poor farmer people.
And i know the problem that i old Minecraft styles to much likes.
The hawthornetown house come in the next future.

Reactions: CashBanks

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Alfredo,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You've done a great job with this Hawthorne house, there's not a lot of feedback I can give, since the shape, layout and block palette are all in keeping with the hawthorne style.

For your next challenge, please build a middle-class merchant shop/home in the style of /warp Fairmarket.

Good luck!