Alexerys Builder Application

Alexerys

Mummer

Italy

I was looking for images of King's Landing, as inspiration for my personal build, on google images and stumbled upon an image of the Red Keep from your server; that's when I started

The Witcher books, Lord of the Rings (the books more than the movies).

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, Dance of Dragons

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

I don't really have a "favourite" character because I hate choosing in general, but (from 298 a.C. onwards) I'd say Bran Stark (the Book/pre-season 7 version); he's a bit annoying at times and maybe a bit of a pain in the neck at times, but I don't really blame him after what he's been through. Most importantly though I'm interested in his character arc (in the books, I honesly hated the way the Tv show handled it).

One thing I really enjoy is city planning, from terraforming to building roads and masions; from outlining the build to detailing it. I've also just finished reading "Fire and Blood" and some TWOW excerpts and even though I'm for sure not the only one, I think that would be helpful for the many details of the map.

I really just love the idea of your server and would like to contribute to the build to finish it faster (as small as my contribution might be). I'd also love to see a minecraft version of Essos as soon as possible, which I know you won't consider until you've finished Westeros.
Also in my daily life I don't meet up with that many people that watch or read anything to do with ASOIAF, so I'd love to be immersed in this community of fans that understand my appreciation for it.

https://imgur.com/a/CvSOwwo

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Alexerys,
Thanks for your patience with this one, it's great that you've explored kingslanding and your application shows a lot of potential, it's clear you've put some thought into the house and have explored our custom block set.

I'll give you some general notes and tips which should help with future builds.
- I like all the small details of the house like the fishing boat, the cart and the firewood storage.
- Overall the house interiors look great too, you've shown some nice restraint with the block choice, just be careful with the glass bottle/other glass blocks as they're typically reserved for high class houses.
- Overall the the stone/daub mix with the exterior is good, just note that we try to avoid using the big wooden logs too much in houses these days, it's a little outdated as a style as it looks a little clunky and repetitive when used in big towns.
- The shape is a little more square/wide than we would normally build houses, it's typically easier to plot a longer shoe box style house so you can make the roof taller and narrower.
- Also just make sure that you don't have stone bricks on top of daub (the daub is basically plaster and wouldn't be strong enough to support the stone).

- It's also good to add dirt/gravel paths around the outside of the house to show where people walk.

You're definitely off to a good start, if you haven't already, take a look at the suggestions on the wiki page http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Basic_Building_Guide_for_Applicants as well as /warp furnish for more tips.

For the first challenge build, please make an average sized Low Class house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!