3 years at Westeroscraft

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Hio everyone, it's been a long journey but I have now been a member on this server fir 3 years having being accepted by Dav on the 11th of October 2014. I'd like this message to be able to show new builders that although this is a project that we all commit many hours to for no pay that we still get a lot out of it.

In 2014 I was a 14 year old simply looking for a minecraft building server, and I found westeroscraft which I enthusiastically applied for and after a couple of challenges I was accepted, this opened up an entirely new world do me, at school I was the "weird kid" and i went through some harsh bullying. However through westeroscraft I meet people like birdman, JMP, contra, and Aslan became close friends sure they were far away or older but we all shared dedication to this project and we were all similarly minded and got along well. Over the years the server did change whether it be from people leaving like Dutchguard or simply the change over from TS to Discord still though the community on the server stayed the same, a friendly open community where In depth discussion about how a road in medieval times should look was in the norm. Without doubt I can say I grew to live this community and hold many as my closest friends even if they may have now left.

I've progressed through every rank on the server from no build to Prodbation builder to builder to editor and now moderator, and in turn I've been able to progress in my real life through the confidence and intellect I have built up in westeroscraft. And although a new era has definitely come in the age of the server with many of the major builders and moderators who I once looked up to gone I can only say that I hold the utmost respect for them and I hope when my time comes to leave I will be valued in a similar manor.

Finally I want to say thank you to Pizza, Carc, Nick, Contra, Bird, Tact, Jack, Brookerz, Aslan, JMP, NERO, veggie, otmis, pottman, SMP, the widows, pabs, banty and many many many many more people who have influenced my life for the better over the past 3 years and I hope to all the new builders reading this that they will realise that Westeroscraft is more than a minecraft server but a community where great things can be created.

P.S I had a couple of drinks before writing this so yup. Also the thank you list at the end really includes everyone just those mentioned are now people who have left or have been more close to me than others.

Happy 3 years <3

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
:) You speaking about your experiences here at WC resonates a lot with me! I've witnessed a lot of you 'grow up' on here, and we've had some tough times with what I think can really be described as teen problems (squabbling over nothing, rebelling against any form of authority), but in the end I find that mastering the discussions, taking responsibility for ones own actions and becoming structured in research and planning are some truly great skills that have made y'all pretty damn mature. It great to see that the mutual digital experiences have had a real impact :)

I know for sure that building at WF with you certainly has done that for me!! I will never forget that awesome night on plugDJ!

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Well bish,
As you know I've been around for about half of your time here. I remember you getting me to build my 2nd home in Vypren, It was pure shit but somehow you still managed to see good in it. I also remember joking about the kink cabin Cedric made and reasoning to you that the door was two wide to fit all the fat, rich lords through so I'd be payed well. Wasn't long after we annoyed the rest of our server with our Emmy worthy performances of Chat singing, and getting mad when you didn't know "Let it Go." Our friendship grew and we essentially agreed on nearly everything, from our love of F-ed up movies to "Stay Alive" by Jose Gonzalez. Then we had our long chat about how we had no social life because of our association with the server. Oh! And how our plans to take over Westeroscraft walks literally crashed and burned...
But though throughout all the moments, one will always stick out... and it was the first day you messaged me seeking help about a girl, though I didn't know you well or anything about relationships. But you did ask and, thank the seven you did, because now you're my best friend. I still am in awe we've talked everyday since. From Uni to Italy, Iceland and Spain weve yet to skip up a moment share our pathetically lonely lives together. I love you. <3 Thank you for being such an awesome builder and a loving contribution to our community!

BantyRooster

Street Preacher
0m4Kz.gif

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
"You have bled with waz, now bleed with [insert new mod name here]"

Last edited:
Reactions: Elduwin