10 Year Anniversary Video

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi all, we've got just about a month before the 10 year anniversary kicks off, we're overdue for a big video show case.

This MC Middle Earth 10 Year Anniversary video is great insp for the style and level of effort we should be aiming for.

We've played around with some ideas for recreating some timelapses for existing builds, either with scripts or by copying projects then deconstructing them by hand and then reversing the footage.

If we want to crowdsource contribution of shader videos we can setup a shared google drive where footage can be uploaded to, but we'll need a team to take point on the narrative thread of the video and the editing so please get in touch if you're interested.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
I’ve suggest on another thread about creating a motion graphic of sorts. I haven’t made any significant progress on it (haven’t liked any of my directions) so instead of just a WC logo motion, would we like something to work with this video? Something specific to Westeroscraft 10 year anniversary? It’ll be for the intro. I’m really just trying to build my experience in after effects so it’ll still be fairly novice.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Sure that'd be great if you'd like to try some ideas.

Assuming that whatever video we go with will include a montage of locations, I'm hereby calling on anyone with shaders to try their hand at recording footage.

I'd recommend trying out this smooth camera mod

direct download

Here's a google drive that you can upload footage to.
Google Drive link for footage

Take videos of your favourite locations. The big ticket items of the server. Players building. Anything that looks good. Once we've got some good stuff we'll start piecing it together.

Reactions: AerioOndos