Abandoned Project Application: Maidenpool

Veggie

The Old Bear
An exciting opportunity has come up to build a canon septry around Maidenpool.

With the green light from Maidenpool's approving mods, a location has been agreed North of Blount, and West of Maidenpool to place this septry.

The "pious dwarf" Brienne encounters was a brother at the septry, burned out by the Northern soldiers.

The only canon is that there's a pig sty, given that the Northmen stole them. There are two descriptions of other septries which may be useful in how you approach this build.

"Forty-four brothers live at a prosperous septry in the riverlands. They tend to a dozen milk cows and a bull, a hundred beehives, a vineyard, an apple arbor, a mill, and a brewhouse. The septry has wooden walls and a heavy slate roof

The septry at the Quiet Isle contains terraced fields, an apple grove, a stable, a windmill, cloisters, a common hall, and a wooden sept. Modest cottages are set aside for female visitors. Sheep graze on the island."

There's a [mini] sign you'll be able to see on the Dynmap.

Veg

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Here are some pics of the test so far, based off of Lessay Abbey in Northern France.

Attachments

• 2020-11-09_22.34.47.png
    2020-11-09_22.34.47.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • 2020-11-09_22.34.56.png
    2020-11-09_22.34.56.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • 2020-11-09_22.35.06.png
    2020-11-09_22.35.06.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
how's this for inspiration, it has a floor plan already made hehe

Attachments

• wolvesey-phased-plan.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 40
  • download-2.jpg
    download-2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 38

Veggie

The Old Bear
Sure, show me what you got, if you were to pursue this design, I'd still like to see some external walled gardens and orchards etc.

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey,
This has been weighing on mine and other member's minds (and understand this isn't an attack or saying the build is bad), but the whole redo of this build was because the walls weren't pink. The walls are now white. I'm sure some people will say "It's pink reach, its technically pink", which imo is a bit of a cop-out. I also understand that some of you builders have some sort of special overlay that we don't have access too, which perhaps changes the perception of the pink blocks. I don't think that there should even be a redo on these grounds if the grounds of the redo aren't being met. Just my two cents, take it or leave it, but it's concerning to me at least.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey,
This has been weighing on mine and other member's minds (and understand this isn't an attack or saying the build is bad), but the whole redo of this build was because the walls weren't pink. The walls are now white. I'm sure some people will say "It's pink reach, its technically pink", which imo is a bit of a cop-out. I also understand that some of you builders have some sort of special overlay that we don't have access too, which perhaps changes the perception of the pink blocks. I don't think that there should even be a redo on these grounds if the grounds of the redo aren't being met. Just my two cents, take it or leave it, but it's concerning to me at least.

Last I heard, though Veggie can confirm, the pink blocks were still being fine-tuned which is why they have yet to be fully implemented.