Crops and Herbs messy system

Hello everyone!

So, a while back I was a bit confused at our usage of crops and herbs throughout the server. In some projects I saw some yards with stuff that I had never seen before and others had the basic /warp crops stuff. So I compiled a large display of our crops/herbs both from the already existing /warp crops display and from a grid I found somewhere around the server (I don't remember where, I think it was a project from the Westerlands, I even asked if I could steal it and someone let me). Beyond that, some people went ahead and created some herbs of their own, including me (I did some like the thyme, Satureja/Savory, Marjoram, etc). So I made this post just to let people know that there has been added a section at /warp crops & /warp fields with said compilation. And I'd ask for feedback, I tried to see if most of the herbs and crops are medieval correspondent and are adequate to our world, but I'm no expert so if you know about it or have some indications/feedback please share!! :D

2020-06-21_16.47.24.png

This is the list of the crops and herbs going West to East and South to North:

Carrots
Cabbage
Parsnips
Cauliflower
Licorice
Fennel
Tandy (for moontea)
Flax
Beans
Saffron
Lavander
Peas
Coriander
Eggplant
Mustard
Sourleaf
Kingscopper (ASoIAF Herb)
Wheat or Barley
Chard
Melon
Mint
Swiss chard
Purslane
Celery
Dill
Rosemary
Spiceflower (ASoIAF Herb)
Rye
Cotton
Pumpkin
Basil
Leeks
Chamomile
Brussel sprouts
Asparagus
Sage
Edible pansies
Oats
Beets
Squash
Artichoke
Spinach
Borage
Onions
Strawberries
Marigold
Oregano
Mustard
Turnips
Garlic
Blackberries
Hanging beans
Rapseed/colza?
Blueberries
Raspberries
Hay?
Sunflower
Cranberries
Random green crops used a lot by random people
Thyme
Ginger
Vineyard
Vetch (used by the poor)
Satureja/Savory (hotter climates)
Tumeric (Dorne specific)
Dornish fire peppers
[blank]
Marjoram (for hotter climates S. Reach, Dorne)

68 crops and herbs total.

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
we also have EStoop 's plant guide, which is as yet unfinished. a lot of herbs and plants come from there as well
Take note that I haven't updated the plant guide on my plot since the nature/plant update so a couple of the crops could be outdated/incorrect.
I also have this document in case you want to know the various uses for the crops, or what people used to think it could do.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Nice work Seri. I assume that not all of the herbs and crops can be used in all regions. Maybe divide them into regional palettes (if that word can be used here lol). That way project leads can easily copy them into their style guide, and thereby ensure the builders use a variety of plants and herbs and not just turnips and carrots (i remember Endy and Maj did a herb guide like that initially at Wyl). This would also ensure your work is put to maximum use.

Reactions: SseriousBusiness
Nice work Seri. I assume that not all of the herbs and crops can be used in all regions. Maybe divide them into regional palettes (if that word can be used here lol). That way project leads can easily copy them into their style guide, and thereby ensure the builders use a variety of plants and herbs and not just turnips and carrots (i remember Endy and Maj did a herb guide like that initially at Wyl). This would also ensure your work is put to maximum use.

Some of them already have specifications for use in only hotter climates. But that’s a good idea! I’d assume most are ok to grow in most of Westeros the more specific regions I guess would be the North, Southern Reach and Dorne, but I can see about organising them by their regional “habitats”.