Johan´s Mini project rulebook

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hello, this is my mini project rulebook. The rules I have here are a combination of the rules from the newbie guide and Iwan´s brain (which I have been asking some questions regarding this for a while now). I made it because the rules surrounding mini projects are a bit unclear. In this rulebook it’s all written up and easy to navigate. The only thing we have to close to this is the section “Personal projects” in the newbie guide. But since the newbie guide is old, and a lot of the rules are missing I made this one. There is a lot of builder apps ad probies, so this might be very needed in the coming months.

If this rulebook is deemed accurate by the good Sir Iwan our Master of Law, I will recommend that we split up the newbie guide. One will be the Newbie guide for probies (such as it was intended with the newbie guide). But we will remove the rules about minis from that guide as it is irrelevant for probies. The newbie guide will keep on being posted once a builder has completed his application as always. The section in the newbie guide known as Personal projects will be changed to a description of what a personal project is instead.

We could then make this rulebook for the builders, that has graduated probie college. Once a probie is deemed ready to become builder by his or hers probie leader, the probie leader will post this mini rulebook/guide for them to move on in their Westeros carrier.

So if anyone has anything they think should be changed just say so. I have space for the rules about immersion builds (in its relationship to minis (if there is any) not about immersion builds in general), ill fill that in once they give us the rules for that.

-Johan

Note: The layout of the doc looks shit, on this small google doc viewer, sorry about that.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
When I was doing uffhm1 I had a long period where 1 person, Qbbq iirc, built but none of the other plots were done. This meant that after two weeks of only plotting and working on vegetation, I had 1 example house built and 1 of my 8 or nine buildings left around, desperately wanting attention. I then built all of them in my impatience.

What I am trying to say is, that after a certain time period the plotter of the mini is allowed to build houses. Maybe that after 2 weeks, the applicant can build, but only one building per day or something like that.

Reactions: Enah and otty

thecoddfish

Emissary
Staff member
When I was doing uffhm1 I had a long period where 1 person, Qbbq iirc, built but none of the other plots were done. This meant that after two weeks of only plotting and working on vegetation, I had 1 example house built and 1 of my 8 or nine buildings left around, desperately wanting attention. I then built all of them in my impatience.

What I am trying to say is, that after a certain time period the plotter of the mini is allowed to build houses. Maybe that after 2 weeks, the applicant can build, but only one building per day or something like that.

I'm of the opinion that less rules is best. We're obviously not keen on people just building the entire place by themselves, but we don't need to regulate it to such a level. Not to mention how much of a nightmare it would be to enforce that rule!

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
I'm of the opinion that less rules is best. We're obviously not keen on people just building the entire place by themselves, but we don't need to regulate it to such a level. Not to mention how much of a nightmare it would be to enforce that rule!

Note that I didn’t make the rules, they were all there written or unwritten. I just wrote them down. This Is a lot of rules, and the mods can’t waste their time running making sure people keep them, but if the rules aren’t written down and given to the builders then they will never follow those rules. Given the rules there is a good chance that they will follow them more.

Too the rule in question Aeksio. I have done two hamlet minis and both times I broke that rule, I then went ahead and got approved for Knott. So, I had 0 experience in reviewing houses, when I was about to start a project with about a 100 houses/builds (I estimate). The rule is too ensure the project lead has experience in reviewing houses, which makes sense.

Reactions: Luk