Pronouns
she/her
What is your Minecraft username?
Xx_CC23_xX

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
My favorite character is Arya Stark. What I like most about GoT is the immersion. Like every single character that ever appeared in the show or in the book has their own story. Now we might not know about the story but they have one.

What is your favorite build on our server?
It is hard to choose just one! But I would unbiasedly say Storms End. (Highgarden is a very close second.) I love the scenery of Storms End. It is very very close to what I had imagined. The builders have captured the descriptors of the castle and built it. I am very impressed.

Why do you want to join our server?
I want to be a part of the creation of a Game that I cannot wait to play. I want to use my building skills and put it to the test. I want to challenge myself and help build a world that I have fallen in love with. And most importantly I want to join to help others out with building, and guests to show them around. I just want to be involved.

Tell us about your build.
This build is an L shaped foundation, with a thatched roof with a overhang over a workplace area. I based this off of a low class butcher. The back yard is a pen for animals. On the side of the house is where the food for the animals are. The overhang is the butchers workspace. There is a kitchen and a bed room, and down just one block is a door that leads to the back yard. Its one story.

2021-01-26_14.58.48.png2021-01-26_14.59.05.png2021-01-26_14.59.15.png2021-01-26_14.59.26.png2021-01-26_14.59.32.png2021-01-26_14.59.41.png2021-01-26_14.59.53.png2021-01-26_15.00.05.png

Imgur Album: N/A

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey CC23,

Sorry about the delay, and thanks for being patient!

I like the thought you put into the house and the profession - you've captured most of the necessary aspects of a butcher's house - though the execution needs some work before being up to server standards. I'll give some brief feedback on the main issues, and then point you to some specific styles on the server to practice.

- Overall, our current building standards can be summed up by "tasteful simplicity" - while you don't want buildings to look too plain, you also want to avoid adding messiness in the form of noise, harsh contrasts in textures/colors, or unnecessary detail for the sake of detail. Most feedback I can give right now would reduce to this point. To give one example, you want to avoid lumpy or messy thatch rooves, and instead make neat thatch rooves following a standard roof shape. For instance, a typical rural thatch house might have a V-shaped roof using thatch stairs at a 45 degree angle.

- Avoid log blocks in houses; this is now considered outdated as it just looks clunky in most cases, and it isn't super realistic to have massive log frames like that.

- Try to focus on particular block uses to ensure realism - e.g., glass probably wouldn't be used in a poorer house (use the "timber frame window" instead). Candles shouldn't be stuck on walls since they'd fall off when the wax melts; instead place them vertically on some horizontal surface. Make sure to cover the sides of "bench" and "cabinet" type blocks with half door blocks (or other furniture), since it doesn't make sense to have drawers opening on multiple sides. We have "shutter" blocks as alternatives for trapdoor blocks on windows.

There are some other more minor points I could make, but at this point I think it's more useful to provide a list of recent builds that you can study and practice with. Before working on the challenge build (which I'll provide below), I suggest exploring these areas and trying your hand at a few of the styles.

The North
  • Beresford
  • White Harbor
The Riverlands
  • Duskendale
  • Maidenpool
  • Fairmarket
The Vale
  • Wickenden
  • Old Anchor (town at /warp oldanchortown)
The Crownlands
  • King's Landing update (open districts found at /warp KL1, KL8, KL21, KL31, KL32, KL35 and KL36)
  • Gaunt
  • Pyle
The Reach
  • Highgarden
  • Varner
  • Whitegrove
  • Holyhall
  • Woodwright
The Stormlands
  • Felwood
  • Mistwood
The Westerlands
  • Sarsfield
  • Stackspear
  • Silverhill
Dorne
  • The Tor
  • Wyl
Other useful resources
  • /warp gradient
  • /warp furnish

Once you feel comfortable proceeding, for the first challenge build, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp woodwright, along with a yard. Let me know if you have any questions about the feedback or style. Good luck!

Xx_CC23_xX

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
Thank you so much for the feedback. I was wondering if I could get a small break from this for a little I have been exposed to Covid-19 and I don't know if I have it or not and that is taking up most of my attention I hope that's alright.

• Sad
Reactions: InvertedWinger