Website downloads the old launcher, needs fixing ASAP

HardzzGaming

Bard
Hey everyone, as my friend tried to get on the server it wasn't working and it turns out that if you download the launcher from our website (for windows) it downloads the old launcher. I tried redownloading it myself and it did it to me too. Can anyone fix this?

Reactions: Kor_Bro

Kor_Bro

Envoy
Hey everyone, as my friend tried to get on the server it wasn't working and it turns out that if you download the launcher from our website (for windows) it downloads the old launcher. I tried redownloading it myself and it did it to me too. Can anyone fix this?
It's not just for windows, the mac version seem to have the same problem. I downloaded the launcher on my Macbook yesterday, as I'm stranded away from home, and It also downloaded the old launcher. I just dismissed it at first, thinking the new launcher probably didn't support Macs, but it must be a bug now that you mention Windows does the same thing. Strange.

Reactions: HardzzGaming

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
We're not supporting the new launcher (henceforth referred to as the Electron Launcher) in our official capacity anymore due to having banned the coder who made it. You can find a link to the newest version of the Electron Launcher in the tech support thread, though it's unknown at this point if it still works with our server.

However, anyone who still uses and/or has the launcher is free to unofficially circulate it to other members of the community. I have the mac version of the launcher, shoot me a PM if you want it.

We're not supporting the new launcher (henceforth referred to as the Electron Launcher) in our official capacity anymore due to having banned the coder who made it. You can find a link to the newest version of the Electron Launcher in the tech support thread, though it's unknown at this point if it still works with our server.

However, anyone who still uses and/or has the launcher is free to unofficially circulate it to other members of the community. I have the mac version of the launcher, shoot me a PM if you want it.
Is there any difference aside aesthetics?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
There are a few differences in functionality as well, and some people have said that the electron launcher runs smoother - although it’s unconfirmed whether this is true or just placebo. The electron launcher also handled errors (with java and stuff) better.

We have floated the idea of redoing our official launcher though, but nothing happening on that just yet.

Reactions: WarthBlock