[W10] Minecraft not launching

Nirutham

Mummer
Launcher Version: 1.6.0
Issue/explanation: The client prepares for loading then remains stuck on "100%. Done. Enjoy the server!" without minecraft launching then.
•java is updated
•.westeroscraft file is not hidden
•westeroscraft production server selected

thanks a lot for your help, I really hope to be able to access the server again

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
It'd help if you could provide us a log file -

• Finally, you need to attach your console output. If you're getting an issue, we need to know what that issue is. Attaching the output is very easy.
    • Open the console using CTRL + Shift + i.
    • Do whatever causes the issue. We want the error to be in the console.
    • Export the output. Instructions can be found here.
    • Attach the output. You can simply attach the file or paste the output on https://hastebin.com/ and link the result.

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Wish it were so, but the actual error message is a couple lines before that:

Code:
[Minecraft] Error occurred during initialization of VM
[Minecraft] Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size
[Minecraft] Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

You're trying to set your MIN RAM to 3G, and your MAX to 3.5G, and it takes those settings as launch arguments. But something's overriding the MAX value and sets it to 512M. The Error it throws is: you set a higher MIN than MAX value.

Either your PC doesn't have enough RAM available to increase the settings, in which case you're gonna have a hard time getting on the server. Or something else on your system affects the java options globally.

Nirutham

Mummer
Thanks for these indications,

My PC should easily run wc without any problem, do you have any idea/recommandations about something that could interfere ?

Nirutham

Mummer
problem solved

for those who may have the same problem, it comes from the java environment variable "_JAVA_OPTIONS" which restricts the ram

deleting it resolved the problem for me

thank you anyway @IwanDeLarch for your help

Nirutham

Mummer
I went in the system configuration, selected the advances system properties, selected the environment variables tab where you can see the variable

Reactions: Iwan