youtube channel westeros walks

Lord of the rings, harry potter, the witcher, and the Inheritance series

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
Dance of Dragons

Season 1

I have a attention to detail that will definitely add to the realism and immersiveness of the world

I am a huge game of thrones fanatic and I would love to experience the world and help be a part for bringing it to life

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152856754@N06/?

you know nothing john snow

Last edited by a moderator:

Enah

Skinchanger
Hi! Thanks for applying! So I have a few critiques to point out.
1) The height of the main level. Your main room is 2 blocks tall, which is just barely enough room for a person. Ours are typically 3.5 blocks high (3 full and a 4th block that is the floor and joists made of either stairs or alternating slab and stairs)
2) The house looks exterior wise no wealthier than lower middle class, however you've got several paintings, a supah fancy bed and glass door cabinets inside. Typically anyone who was not a lord, merchant or nobleman did not have paintings or fancy furnishings. (well, in Westeros anyways peasant life sucks in non-reach areas, Earth medieval period there is evidence of peasants painting things themselves and making decorations)
3) you have candles stuck on the walls, though yes our candles do that (they shouldn't imo) but that's not how candles work. Though I am very happy you didn't use torches indoors! So, kudos there :D
4) You have used our custom shutters and doors and some furniture bits, so happy about that! Your lantern use makes little sense, because what are they hanging from? They are just floating there by the stable(?) door, which brings me to
5) That stable door is a flat arch, which is really unstable for that wide a gap, if the building had been taller by a block or so you could've had a lovely archway using stairblocks. Also, we usually do not have 2wide by 1 high windows.
6) Your roof is decent, missing support inside the house which we usually use either all upside down stairblocks or a series of Stair-Slab to support the roof. You also are missing some underside to the roof's eaves.
7) The wattle and daub design, while historically accurate, is not something that we tend to recreate on the server. It looks really repetitive and bland in game. We've some lovely examples of how to use our daub very close to my plot at /warp enah
8) The stone used for the walls is fine, however we also include a minimum of 2 different stone types in the walls. A "gradient" or "palette" as we have termed it. Take a look around the server for more detailed types of them :D
9) and last one I feel needs to be mentioned. The floor is rather boring, peasants and nobles alike often had a straw mat or pile on the floor to reduce mud and dust, this was called a rush.

So, I feel you have potential and I am going to give you a series of building challenges! Study the styles well, and post them here. First challenge! Please build a lower class house in the style of klsprawl. It's a simple style, but it's very authentic. Good luck and Seven's speed to ya!

Enah

Skinchanger
Alright, it's been over a month without a response. I am hereby closing this application. You are free to reapply anytime in the future.