Unable to login [win7,win10][all version][all launcher]

Zso

Poet
Maybe I shouldn't write my problem in this thread because its not server-specific, it affects my whole Minecraft account, please forgive me for posting non-server relevant issues but I failed to solve this anomaly and Im asking for your help.

So, I wanted to login via Westeroscraft launcher to play online, but it says invalid email or password. Default Minecraft launcher says the same. Mojang and Minecraft website login says the same. im 100% sure what my password and my email is so typing error is out of the question. I bought the game many years ago, its a legal version and I didnt't have any problem in the past. Minecraft-staistic.net displays I have a valid license.
I tried to login on a win7 and 2 different win10 PCs but nothing worked.

I checked forums and youtube videos but it didnt help. Maybe I should contact Mojang support but they are said to be not quite helpful.
So here I am and my problem, please help me solve this problem!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Zso,

I'm not sure if this is related to your problem, but at one point I migrated my old MC account to a Mojang account, so I had two email/passwords associated. For some reason only one of them works (I can't remember which), which caught me quite off guard when it happened at first, though this was a number of years ago. I don't suppose you did anything like this?

Do you think it's possible that someone compromised your account and changed the password?

I think contacting Mojang would be the next step, it can't really hurt anyways.

Reactions: Zso

Zso

Poet
Hey Emot, thanks for your fast reply!

I never changed my password and the reason why I dont want to change it now to see if it fixes the problem, because on forums they said changing it wont solve but even make the problem more complex. There are some other players with this issue but months after they contacted Mojang, they are still unable to login.

I dont really think someone compromised my account and changed the password without my contribution.

But, perhaps it would be a wise and responsible decision to temporarily demote me to guest rank, to avoid the misuse of my builder rank by an inauthorized person, and therefore prevent undesired actions on the server.

And after the issue is fixed (wich I hope will be fixed soon) I could promoted back to builder again.

Reactions: Iwan

Zso

Poet
This issue is serious, and my indignation is starting to be immeasurable.

I requested a new password to Mojang account, and my Mojang account says:
Someone logged in and changed my Minecraft profile name on 5th of April, but I didnt even played the game in the past week.
So someone obviously broke into it, dont ask how.

I set security questions, how else can I strenghten my account's defense?

And at this point, Im requesting my temporary demotion to guest rank.
(To avoid server vandalism by that unauthorized "gentleman.")

Reactions: Iwan

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Sorry to hear that's happened to you! You should be demoted in-game for now, make sure to keep us posted on what happens. Regarding strengthening the account, I'm not really sure what else you can do. MC doesn't support dual auth yet, does it?

Reactions: Iwan and Zso

Zso

Poet
I think I did what I could, the account should be safe now... However my name will be different for 27 days because you only change it once / month.
On minecraft-statistic, my profile with this new name shows my last login was in 2017, so It's possible the problem is some system failure.
I will check if someones is online with my account and after some weeks without activity, I think we can say the account is safe again.

Sorry for these complications :( lets hope it will be fixed soon.