TurtleSnipesz

Storyteller
What is your Minecraft username?
TurtleSnipesz

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
Netherlands

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I like medieval fantasy, and ASoIaF is especially great because of the elaborate detailed and realistic universe, with just enough magic to make it mysterious. Haven't read the books in quite a while, but I remember my favourite passages being John Snow north of the Wall and Sam Tarly unravelling all sorts of mysteries.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I like HG, because it's so pretty. Also like the general style of the castles surrounding King's landing; smallish and realistic castles.

Why do you want to join our server?
I like building realistic medieval style builds, and I like ASoIaF. I've been a builder before, and I've done both smaller and larger projects, so I have experience with all that. I used to be very comfortable with WE, and used to be an editor on the server (might take some time for me to get skilled with WE again).

Tell us about your build.
Middle class plot in Middlebury. Inhabited by Septon + servant. Materials used as indicated by plot. Style according to style guide and surrounding plots.

2020-12-01_20.14.09.png2020-12-01_20.13.38.png2020-12-01_20.13.27.png2020-12-01_20.13.20.png2020-12-01_20.12.57.png2020-12-01_20.12.04.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing Jon Snow

thecoddfish

Emissary
Staff member
Hey Turtle, great to see you reapplying!

Really great job on this house. Only things I would point out would be the weird twisty fireplace, and the staircase that looks a little unsupported. My advice would be that with all your houses that the first things you plan should be your fireplace, then your staircase. Optimising these two key elements are the trick to making any house look polished and realistic.

I am happy to approve your application without a challenge build, on the basis of your long history with the server. I will however get you to go through an abbreviated probation period - once your first 5 houses are signed off by a probation leader I am happy for you to jump right back up to full builder.

Congrats, looking forward to seeing you back in green!