Sulios

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
Sulios

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Austria

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
From a friend

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I really love the character development, it makes the story very intriguing to read or watch. (My favorite characters are Hold the door, holdoor, ehem, sorry, Hodor, and Tywin Lannister because oh lord, he is so god damn cool in the TV series)

What is your favorite build on our server?
I really like White Harbour because of how noble the houses are built, but i also love High Hermitage, reason being how it has been built into the mountain side. (I generally love beautiful landscapings)

Why do you want to join our server?
I would love to join the server because firstly, i would love to be part of a project that takes place in the world, i have been a big fan of for quite some time now and secondly, i would want to improve my building qualities. I feel that this server provides a brilliant opportunity for this. (I generally like building in a more "flowing" style, if that makes any sense :D)

chimney.pngfront.pngInteriour 1.pngInteriour 2.pngside.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Attachments

• Picture_of_house_with_me_70.png
    Picture_of_house_with_me_70.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • wide_angle_1_70.png
    wide_angle_1_70.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Sulios,
Thanks for completing this application.

Nice work with replicating the application house, as I hope you can tell we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into our houses. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread (an easy way to do it is upload them imgur.com and share the link). Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the tarbeck style.

Good luck!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Sulios,
Thanks for the quick turn around on this house, you've done a nice job.

Overall you've done really well with recreating the the style and common features of houses in the area, and shown nice restraint with the choice of blocks for a low class house. The tree looks great too.

Have just got a few small notes that will help with future builds.

- It's good to try and keep the timber patterns tidy and symmetrical where possible. Diagonals are fine to use on edges and around features like doors/windows too. Think of the wooden lines like a regular house frame.
You can also alternate between the vertical and horizontal timber blocks (like a checkboard pattern) to create patterns like this:
2021-08-31_20.12.40.png
- Small point but you could also swap out that dirt block for a stone brick continue the foundations along
1630405446519.png

There's also no pressure to keep the yards small, particularly if the house is out in the open like this they might not even need a wall, or they'd continue the line of the house.
1630405621399.png

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Would be great if you noted in the post which profession you went with as well.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 1630405436141.png
    1630405436141.png
    576.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Sulios

Sulios

Mummer
Good day to whoever reads this!
I am sorry for not posting here for nearly a month now. I have and also will be quite busy with school work, therefore this builder application has to be put aside for the foreseeable future. I will however pick it up again at some point for I do still want to be a part of this project at some point or another.
In the meantime i wish you all a wonderful time and take care.

Reactions: Gealrüable