Pronouns
she/her
What is your Minecraft username?
shoezilla

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Uk - england

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
the whole series has imense law to it that keeps me coming back as it always feels like theres more to learn which i love.
in the show my faviourte characters Hot pie - dudes just content baking love that for him and his wolf bread was cute. In the books patchface is a faviourte in a morbid fasination sort of way.

What is your favorite build on our server?
large build river run - brilliant angled build with imence detail,
i also love the houses dotted on the walk north from kings landing along the kings road they add alot of atmosphere with there interiors really selling a story for each home.

Why do you want to join our server?
this is a really cool prodject with an eye for detail which i love in projects. From being around on the server the people seem freindly and id love to build in a historically acurate (or as close as minecraft can achive) style with others. Skills wise, im experianced with worldedit, world painter and block bench. I've also worked with build teams before so I am used to building with others.

1Exterior.png2Exterior.png3Exterior.png4.png5.png6.png7Interior.png8interior.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey shoezilla,

Thanks for the application, glad to see your interest in helping out with the project.

Nice work with the apphouse! Not really seeing any issues with it. Hope the exercise was helpful for learning our server's building style. For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. However, I recommend thinking of it similarly to the application house - except now, instead of simply replicating a house, you should try to replicate particular elements of multiple houses, and synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge build, please make a medium-size house in the style of /warp woodwright, with a yard. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!

Reactions: shoezilla

shoezilla

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
hiya, i built a cobblers house, im not sure how to use the profession markers like you see in woodwright if theres a tutorial on how to use them that would be really helpful. i really like this style, thankyou for your time i look forward to your feed back ฅʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ

Attachments

• Woodwright1.png
    Woodwright1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • woodwright2.png
    woodwright2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • Woodwright3.png
    Woodwright3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Woodwright4.png
    Woodwright4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • woodwright7.png
    woodwright7.png
    844.2 KB · Views: 12
  • woodwright6.png
    woodwright6.png
    791.9 KB · Views: 12
  • woodwright5.png
    woodwright5.png
    619.8 KB · Views: 12
  • woodwright8.png
    woodwright8.png
    669.4 KB · Views: 15

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey shoe (I hope your choice of house profession was intentional :p),

Really excellent work with this house! It looks like it would fit in perfectly in Woodwright as-is, so I don't really have any feedback on it except for incredibly nitpicky stuff (I'd recommend avoiding having the "reach cobble" and "reach light stone" blocks touching directly in the gradient anywhere; it looks better with the "reach brick" in-between).

For the next challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp oatown, with a yard. The style here is a bit more eclectic, so make sure to take your time with it. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Reactions: shoezilla

shoezilla

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
Hey shoe (I hope your choice of house profession was intentional :p),

Really excellent work with this house! It looks like it would fit in perfectly in Woodwright as-is, so I don't really have any feedback on it except for incredibly nitpicky stuff (I'd recommend avoiding having the "reach cobble" and "reach light stone" blocks touching directly in the gradient anywhere; it looks better with the "reach brick" in-between).

For the next challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp oatown, with a yard. The style here is a bit more eclectic, so make sure to take your time with it. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Hiya (sorry this build took so long was on holiday :) ) yeah it was a shoe joke xD For OAtown i build a small middle-class tailor, i look forward to your feed back ฅʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

Attachments

• OATown1.png
    OATown1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • OATown2.png
    OATown2.png
    683.6 KB · Views: 10
  • OATown3.png
    OATown3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • OATown4.png
    OATown4.png
    674.1 KB · Views: 8
  • OATown5.png
    OATown5.png
    553 KB · Views: 8
  • OATown6.png
    OATown6.png
    521 KB · Views: 8
  • OATown7.png
    OATown7.png
    723.9 KB · Views: 7
  • OATown8.png
    OATown8.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 10
  • OATown9.png
    OATown9.png
    648.3 KB · Views: 7
  • OATown10.png
    OATown10.png
    578.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Walter_the_III

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey shoe,

Again very nice work on this house, I'm quite impressed by how quick you've managed to pick up the style! My only feedback this time is that you should avoid having long horizontal stretches of the open timber frame block (without the cross-beams) such as here, since it can look a bit janky and isn't structurally sound. Otherwise really great stuff.

For a tentative final challenge build, I'd like to see something a bit more rural - please make a small farmstead in the style of /warp beresford. At a minimum it should have a peasant house and barn (or possibly a combined house/barn), some vegetable and herb gardens, and animal pens. You're also encouraged to add any other details you find in researching medieval farmsteads for inspiration, if you so choose. Good luck!

shoezilla

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
Hey shoe,

Again very nice work on this house, I'm quite impressed by how quick you've managed to pick up the style! My only feedback this time is that you should avoid having long horizontal stretches of the open timber frame block (without the cross-beams) such as here, since it can look a bit janky and isn't structurally sound. Otherwise really great stuff.

For a tentative final challenge build, I'd like to see something a bit more rural - please make a small farmstead in the style of /warp beresford. At a minimum it should have a peasant house and barn (or possibly a combined house/barn), some vegetable and herb gardens, and animal pens. You're also encouraged to add any other details you find in researching medieval farmsteads for inspiration, if you so choose. Good luck!
hi hopefully this link will work screenshots file too big XD ive built a small farmstead with a seperate house and barn with a vegtable and herb garden and an animal pen :) i know the biomes off i couldnt find the appropriate biome so the colors are diffrent sorry i look forward to your feed back ฅʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey shoe,

Great work on this challenge! It's a pretty difficult style and you nailed it. The only feedback I have is a couple pretty nitpicky things:

- It's a bit hard to tell from the angle of the photo, but I probably wouldn't use the peaked thatch roof design (with the rounded-off top) for such small houses, since it looks a bit too scrunched. In general for smaller houses it's best to keep the roof designs more simple. Try to maintain a constant "size to complexity" ratio; larger houses let you get away with more complex designs.

- The dirt mix is a bit too noisy. Try to think of this in terms of "gradients" just like with stone blocks. Instead of having mud and the dry stormlands pebbles touching, since they contrast harshly, make sure that there's a wet stormlands pebbles block in-between to transition between them.

- Remember to cover the sides of cabinet blocks with a half door or some other block, like in the back left corner here.

Otherwise, I feel like you're definitely ready to be promoted, so consider yourself approved! :)

To get promoted to builder, ask a moderator in-game next time you catch one online. The next step is to read over the New Builder guide, found here: https://westeroscraft.com/wiki/guides/new-builders-guide
And also make yourself a probation thread in the probation forum.

You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find these at /warp build (possibly outdated as people forget to update it sometimes), and also by going to our dynmap and toggling "Open Plot" (if a project lead marked their plots with open plot tags), or otherwise just checking the forums and asking around to see which builds are open (probably your best bet to be honest). Also, you can ask a mod to set you up with a plot in the Test world where you can practice building.

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so, give constructive feedback on your houses for the next month, and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general. As sometimes the probie leaders can be busy IRL, I also highly suggest seeking out feedback from project leaders and other online builders. At the end, you'll be made full builder.

Welcome to the team, I look forward to building with you! :D