Shader issues with no error code

RedRazor

Mummer
So everytime I get into the westeroscraft server and try to put on my shaders my game freezes and stays that way. My graphics card is a GTX 970. No matter what shaders I choose the problem remains. I can't play or look at builds without shaders anymore it just doesnt feel right. Would love any help.

RedRazor

Mummer
So everytime I get into the westeroscraft server and try to put on my shaders my game freezes and stays that way. My graphics card is a GTX 970. No matter what shaders I choose the problem remains. I can't play or look at builds without shaders anymore it just doesnt feel right. Would love any help.
Oh and to add on, i have made it so ot has a maximum of 8G for memory so that can't be the problem.

Pretty sure shaders are a CPU more than a GPU thing but if you have multiple or integrated graphics cards they may be delegating incorrectly. Even on a beast of a machine shaders seem to take a bit to apply though, are you sure it freezes forever?

Also remember you can set shaders from the main menu before connecting to the server, then setting them is just reconfiguring settings instead of trying to do both that and reload the view around you at the same time like it is from in-game.

RedRazor

Mummer
Yeah it does freeze forever. Left my pc on the screen it froze on while at school and came home and it was still there. Ill try setting my shaders beforehand to see if that works. Thanks for the quick reply.

Well everyone I have seen have issues with shaders so far it has always been a GPU delegation/settings problem. It sounds like you're on a desktop which is less likely than laptops but if you just double-check the card listed on the bottom of the shaders menu is the 970 and not some intel integrated middleman. Seems to be a known issue that by default minecraft will elect to not use dedicated graphics. Other than that, copying console logs here is the best way to get help :)