Renling

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
Renling

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
The Netherlands

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The deep level of detail of the books/series. The Cultural differences, religions, families etc. There are so many stories to tell. I also played the mod for crusader kings 2. Cant wait for the mod for Crusader Kings 3 to be finished. Favourite family would be The woman of the Tyrells, or to be precise the cunning character of Lady Olenna Redwyn - Tyrell.

What is your favorite build on our server?
There are so many. At first I liked the vale, but it seems a little dated with the new updates. So I would say, Fairmarket. I like a middle - big town and see the life that is going on there. For me a good build is a build about the details.

Why do you want to join our server?
I have been checking over the years on how the server was progressing. Now after a few years I actually would like some kind of RP map and play (I am not the biggest builder). At the same time I would like to help build and maybe chat and talk to the other people of the server. As a builder you are more part of the bigger picture.

Tell us about your build.
It is a small farmers house of the Riverlands. It could be standing close to Fairmarket or more east to Harrenhal. In the house there are living two single brothers. They get some food out of the garden and work on the big farming lands next to the town as some kind of contractors to the landowner.

2021-01-11_03.21.42.png2021-01-11_03.22.10.png2021-01-11_03.23.05.png2021-01-11_03.23.14.png2021-01-11_03.23.24.png2021-01-11_03.23.30.png2021-01-11_03.23.37.png2021-01-11_03.23.46.png2021-01-11_03.23.58.png2021-01-11_03.28.22.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing John Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Renling,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to your application - been a bit swamped IRL the last few weeks. I should be able to reply quicker from here on out, but feel free to ping me if it's been more than a few days.

This house is a great start! It's clear that you've taken time to study the server's style already, since you've nailed all of the main aspects.

The only main feedback I have on this house is that you want to avoid having block mixes that are too random (e.g. oak and jungle wood, stone blocks in a gradient), because it makes it look messy. Instead, make your house in predominantly oak wood, and if you need to, add one or two subtle "blobs" of jungle wood to represent wood damage.

Also, in the yard make sure to have dirt/gravel blocks around the vegetables, and wherever else the grass would be trampled. If grass spread in singleplayer is annoying you, I believe you can disable it by using the gamerule command to set randomTickSpeed to 0.

For a first challenge build, I'd like to see something a bit larger - please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp whiteharbor. The middle-class examples can generally be found in the southwest portion of the city. Since these houses are whitewashed stone, the stone/plaster gradient will be an important element of this style, so make sure to pay close attention to how it's done. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Reactions: Renling