Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7
All of the above

John snow. purely because of the why he acts and how trust worthy and true to his family values he stays. also cause hes generally a boss and kicks ass lol

world painter and mcedit are another 2 great loves of mine both of which I'm am at quit a high standard.

minecraft and game of thrones are my 2 greatest loves. so to be able to work with them both is a dream come true. plus your server is a work of art

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Denied by Emotione11 on May 11, 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randell123

Mummer
will be happy to post the world file that the build was made in for further inspection. very sorry if I didn't anything wrong on application I think I read and understood all the rules. can stress how much I love the server thanks craig

Randell123

Mummer
I have updated the build slightly done a littler more work to it to improve detail and make it look more authentic. Would be happy to post images if needed

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi Randell,

Thanks for your application, and sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you! I think all your own replies to your thread may have confused us into thinking a Mod was seeing to your application!

Your house isn’t bad, but it’s not particularly up to the standard we’d expect of our build team, but I’m happy to help you with some feedback. I’d seriously suggest spending some time around the server and taking in some of the builds we have in order to see what we expect as a standard.

- Firstly, the house lacks a gradient or palette, which means that with a single type of wood, it’s very plain and doesn’t show any sign of weathering. Coloured wood usually is reserved for the upper floors or facades of high-class or merchant housing where paint is added to draw in custom, or display one’s wealth, rather than used in low class housing.

- Your thatch roof uses only the plain thatch block, but we do have a stair-thatch block which gives a much nicer 45 degree angle, and should be used in all thatch roofs. Take a look at projects such as Vypren, Fairmarket, and Terrick for examples of thatch roofing.

- Glass was a highly expensive commodity in the medieval period and was ruled mainly in ecclesiastical, wealthy, or aristocratic building, and shouldn’t really be in a small low-class cottage. Glass didn’t become readily available to be employed in houses until the mid 17th Century.

- The interior of your house is very minimal, and lacks a few things; predominantly the lack of support for your thatch roof. All roof types should have an internal support structure to keep it from falling in on itself. Wooden rafters in this case would be the best; see the roof supports at Fairmarket for inspiration.

- Your house should really be divided into living and sleeping areas rather than share the same space. Take a look at other builds on our server or do a little research into how medieval houses were laid out and how space was used.

- Your house lacks a chimney, which would cause no end of problems for the inhabitants of this house!

This is a very basic little house, but it would need a bit of tweaking to be accepted onto our server. The biggest piece of advice I can offer you is to spend time exploring the server and getting to know how we build houses and the different styles for each area.

For your first challenge build i’d like you to build a low-class house in the style of /warp woodwright. These are the single storey houses with thatch roofs.

Good luck!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Application rejected due to inactivity, please feel free to reapply and pick up where you left off in the future!