rakos_ka

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
Tijeny

What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
Czech Republic

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I like the depth of the story and the humanity of all the characters, the good, bad, vicious, and insane, all of them are fundamentally human. You can clearly see through their eyes and understand, that both their world and yours are not black and white. If I should name my favorite character, I would have to admit, that I'm a normie so it would probably be Jon Snow because he is relatable to me for personal reasons and also because his story is the classical hero myth which I'm a sucker for. We don't get that enough in our times.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I have to say King's Landing just for the sheer scale of it and for the complexity of the whole city. Also because I participated in building it years ago. The other one would be The Wall, for its amazing atmosphere, you just feel so small standing in the Castle Black below the lift.

Why do you want to join our server?
Because I was a Builder some time ago and I wish to join the ranks again. What I bring to the table is previous experience, dedication, and attention to detail. I'm more of a minimalist, so houses are my main focus. I can be quite critical, so giving
thorough feedback can be expected of me as well.

Screenshot_10.pngScreenshot_11.pngScreenshot_12.pngScreenshot_13.pngScreenshot_14.pngScreenshot_15.pngScreenshot_16.pngScreenshot_17.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, John Snow

Reactions: Die Wursttheke

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Rakos, thanks for your application and great to see you're a fan of our interpretation of the Wall (we're working on updating it now).

Well done with replicating the application house. As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles and will give you the core skills to join the team.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: rakos_ka

rakos_ka

Mummer
Hey Rakos, thanks for your application and great to see you're a fan of our interpretation of the Wall (we're working on updating it now).

Well done with replicating the application house. As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles and will give you the core skills to join the team.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!
Hey CB, here is the house you requested. The materials I chose (thatch for the roof, daub for walls, and oak for wooden parts) were for the reason of accessibility to the lower class due to cheap cost and also because it can be repaired easily. Sandstone was used for the chimney and Arbor and Lannisport small bricks for the wall of the yard, to fit the style of /warp tarbeck. Mezzanine was added as an additional storage space. The interior was furnished with baskets for veggies which the farmer produces, a barrel for a table, and some other decorative blocks to make it feel cramped but cozy. One 3x2 bed is for the whole family, which I imagine consists of at least 4 people, so they have to "cuddle". Additionally, one more person can sleep on a straw mat on the mezzanine. The yard is mainly for storing rainwater for washing, chopping wood, drying clothes, and repairs, as there is a "pool" of mud and some other waste behind the house for the walls and some straw as well. No crops or veggies grow there, as the farmer has a field just behind the small hill, but I can imagine one or two chickens there. In front of the house is a parked cart for moving the veggies to the market.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    860.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    818.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Ragos, great work with this Tarbeck house.

On the whole you've done a nice job, the shape, look and feel of the house is largely consistent with the Tarbeck style. I like the small details you've added like the the smoke from the chimney, the slightly rough thatch the house and the yard.

My only small notes would be to suggest straightening the shape of the brick wall yard, so that it's more of a square like this:
1688630287487.png

It's also fairly common to add a row of stone bricks as the foundation layer for the house walls, but this daub pattern looks good either way.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Would be great if you noted in the post which profession you go with too.

Thanks again and good luck.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Ragos, just checking in to see how you were going with this application. Thanks for the work so far, we normally ask applicants to do around 3 test houses, you've shown really good progress so far so here's hoping you're on board to continue. Cheers