Project Application: Tumbleton

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I may have missed it, but do you have a map showing the location of various things?

Below is the area earmarked for Tumbleton, let me know if this is still ok.

1602705388830.png

Reactions: DjTorec and Ric

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I may have missed it, but do you have a map showing the location of various things?

Below is the area earmarked for Tumbleton, let me know if this is still ok.

Yes that border is what i planned with too. I did not make a map for the lands, specifically to keep myself the freedom to be able to plan out to the full potential. I know, I'm much better in planning with real terrain than i am when i try to replicate it on a 2d image. It would never turn out satisfying.

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Is there a justification for moving the town to the west side of the river? The maps from ADwD and Lands of Ice and Fire both place Tumbleton on the east bank of the Mander.

No there isn't. Good point actually, i did not take a look at those maps yet. So according to that i guess i'll place the town east of the Mander :)

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
I had the same question, so same answer than Ramen, approved for me!
I was also wondering about the distance from the town to the Mander itself. Just to make sure, there isn't any canon backing up the idea that the town is bordering the river?

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I had the same question, so same answer than Ramen, approved for me!
I was also wondering about the distance from the town to the Mander itself. Just to make sure, there isn't any canon backing up the idea that the town is bordering the river?
Thanks! Actually there is canon to suggest that the town is bordering the river:
“Tumbleton had been sacked in the most savage fashion: thousands burned, thousands more drowned attempting to swim across the river to safety, [...]”
-The World of Ice and Fire -The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Quick suggestion on the back of Cash's proposed FoF terra project; it would be nice to see the forest north of Tumbleton instead be a plains area. The southern forest makes sense, as a natural extension of the Kingswood and transition from the forests of Orme and Rousemont, but the region already has so many forests, a plain to the north would make for a nice change of pace.