Completed Project Application: House Woodwright by Arkil

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Just copying the details to here.

Please click here to find the application.

Just one thing to note:

The red/brown patterned roofs was met with mixed reception by various visitors to my plot, and these have since been removed.

You can find all the tests on my plot, on the second layer from the top (Warp Arkilstorm)

I hope you guys enjoy, and thanks for reading!

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Tham's updated map which I'm working from for the project:
Woodwright_1502637817.jpg

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey ark!
What do u plan for the lands N-W of the town, along the Mander? On the dynmap we can see a larger area there, and I was gonna suggest making it an alluvial plain :)
Those should be a lot more common along the Mander, and this is a nice spot to have one, especially with the town nearby (alluvial plain would serve as a reservoir for water in case of flood, which would prevent the town to be inundated). I'd gladly work on this with you!

Map

Reactions: Thamus_Knoward

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Hey Eld, That's a really nice idea! I'm definitely up for that sort of thing; it'll certainly add some dynamism to that area!

I'm on board!

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Hey Ark, I noticed that you've made a wharf that is perpendicular to the mander's direction of flow. Docking ships at such an angle is not only difficult but dangerous and harmful to the ship itself. Consider making a wharf such as this:
poland-pomerania-gdansk-long-wharf-dlugie-pobrzeze-of-the-old-harbor-E2EY9G.jpg

077980b9608fefe930ad279913766236.jpg

Even modern river wharfs typically allow the ship to moore with the rivers flow, like this:
11705733736_4e778b5e94_b.jpg
DSCN2016.JPG

Arkilstorm

Staff member
Can't believe I started this 3 years ago...There are 2 or 3 houses left at /warp woodwrighthf1 if anyone wants the last houses!

I hope to have Woodwright wrapped up FINALLY by the end of next week! A huge huge thanks to Cash for all his terraforming wizardry, Marge for all the field help, Dork for helping with all the original river planning, and Amm for polishing off a couple of hamlets! I'm sure I'm missing loads of people but thanks for all your help!

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
We went over the lands and fixed all minor errors we found. Thanks to Alex for helping :) What's left is adding some grass on the empty grass blocks near the roads and replacing the cobble blocks on boulders with the new ts blocks - both of which can be done quickly with the right commands, I believe.
Overall, Woodwright is post-approved from me. Excellence <3

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
This project is gorgeous, you've made a wonderful work here Ark! Congrats!

There's just a bunch of missing stuff here and there, nothing major, indicated with melons when possible:
- in the village: the stable yard has an empty ints; there's a patch of sand that is not blending well with the wet sand, near the ruin; the path to a small tower is missing, SW of the village
- there's an empty shed north of the HF2; and the entrance of the HF itself seems buried under bushes and vegetation, idk if it was intended;
- at hamlet 1, there's an empty shed; and a door behind the inn that is not leading anywhere;
- in various location, near some fields, the paths are not accessible from the road, or the connexions are missing, sometimes it seems it was overgrown by vegetation;
- with the wooden bridges, I would put logs under the wooden bridge piers, wouldn't it work better instead of dirt/gravel or nothing in the water?

Such a lovely project, congrats again! With these little fixes, consider Woodwright post approved!