Pronouns
he/him
Last edited:

Deiniol

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
The Official No-Redo Rule states:
"Projects approved under 1(a-c) for redo are open to all builders per standard project rules. While the original builder who appealed the project for redo will be given greater consideration, all builders are as welcome to apply for the redo through the formal application process as much as the original appealing builder."

As such, we want to give you the chance to update your application in response to our feedback to the redo appeal, and to update it in any other way you see fit, before we come to a decision. Both applications have elements that will require feedback and further discussion before they reach a stage that is ready for approval. No approvals will be given until both applicants are content with the state of their applications, or until one of the applications is withdrawn. If both applicants, for the sake of timeliness, want to agree on a deadline for mods to make a decision, this can be discussed privately.

Also, to add to my comments in the Redo Appeal; as there are now two competing apps, I do not think it would be fair to have the outcome decided by whether or not you come to an agreement with EStoop, instead the mod team will judge each application on its own merits.

Originally quoted from https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/oldflowers-by-7.3634/#post-29827. Included for continuity during the application process.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Deiniol,

After review, I think you've provided everything I need to see to approve this application. The tests all meet the standards for what I would expect from an application for this type of project. I would like to see the castle on the smaller side, perhaps even smaller than your latest test, but this can be adjusted in game once we see it in its proper context. Let me know when you are finished terraforming and ready to open up parts of the project for building or minis, especially Renly's Camp.

I consider that enough time has passed for me to make a fair judgement between your and 7JG7's application, and much of this comes down to how communicative you have been and demonstrated a keenness to see the application progress. You have my approval.

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hey Dein - Your application is great and well thought out. As Dutch said, I agree that a smaller castle would suit this area. I'm a big fan of fortified manors and think we should have many more as standard across the server - well worth considering, given the location is pretty well-defended thanks to it's proximity to Highgarden & Hornhill.

I'm happy to approve this app also. Will be great to see this part of the Mander fully finished. :)

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Dont forget a portion of the Rose Road goes through Oldflowers
I should just add to this that you don't have to follow the line drawn on DynMap exactly, you just have to connect the bridges at Woodwright and HGSoapManor. Ideally you could even straighten it out a little; but you should be guided by wherever the terrain would be flattest.

Deiniol

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
1st Update
  1. Removal of the previous Oldflowers project by Estoop and Crunchy_Taco34. Castle is saved in the "old builds" section of the testworld - /warp olderflowers.
  2. Replacement of grass and subsurface with green wool.
  3. Initial terraforming of the project, primarily to smooth the surface. Rough placement of two streams into the Mander and one into the Hutcheson-Woodwright-Mander River.
  4. Rough placement of the Rose Road and other roads crisscrossing the project.
  5. Project boundaries are marked by a floating red wool border. The rough placement of settlements/minis is also marked by floating red wool spheres.
  6. Development of a fortified estate as the seat of House Oldflowers. The manor is almost complete, only requiring gradienting of the cellars and the interiors of a blacksmith's workshop, forge, and living space. The manor can be found at the top of my plot - /warp Deiniol - and images can be seen in the Imgur link attached.

Thank you DutchGuard and Arkilstorm for the approvals, to Antony for the feedback that led me to vastly improve from my initial fortified manor, and to Die Wursttheke for the great apricot brandy distillery!