Probation: Vinnie (~ser_vinnie)

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey ya'll! This is my probie thread! My name is Vincent but most people call me Vinnie. You can call me one of the following on the server: (Vinnie, Zizuo, Ziz) My pronouns are he/him/his!

Reactions: Luk

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Vinnie! Congrats on becoming a probation builder. I would be happy to take you on as my probie. I would prefer to go through the houses in game, and then post the bullet points here on the forums so you know what to focus on for your next build. During your probation you will have to build at least 5 houses preferably in 5 different styles. I can help you find plots if it's difficult.

Here is some useful information.
  • You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
  • You can also find plots at /warp build
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:
  1. /warp ????
  2. Coordinates
  3. Build number. Just number them on the plot and in here when you post.
Looking forward to meeting you in-game :D

- Johan

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey Hey Hey! Happy holidays to you if you celebrate!

Thanks for being my probation leader, Johan! I am happy to announce that I have completed my first build on the server. Hope you like it!
Also: I have taken the liberty of changing my Minecraft username to ser_vinnie to help mitigate confusion in game.

anyway, my build is located at:

1: /warp tumbleton
2: ~1493 39 14401
3: Build #1 (first build)

~Vinnie

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Vinnie! You made a very good house at Tumbleton, you have the potential to be a top class builder in no time.

I left melons at the plot.

Things to take a look at:
  • The rafters were a bit close. It makes it seem a bit clustered. On the ground floor i fixed this, but you can have a go at the first floor rafters.
  • Don't forget that where there is fireplaces there must also be firewood.
  • Clothes lines must be connected to blocks on both sides.
  • Try not to put heavy things like chests and barrels on floor only accessible by ladder. It would be hard to get it up there. But since the floor in question is so big, you can just let it be. They can have some heavy permanent things up there.
  • The shed was filled with blood and dead fowl. The plot was a farmer i am pretty sure. Try to put some farming stuff in there like grain. That way it doesen't look like a butchers shop.
  • Try to have a look at the other yards in town. Yours seems a bit empty and dreary. Put some crops in there or something. They would grow as much food as possible.

Good things:
All in all a really good forst house! The ext's was good and you seemed to master all the basics of ints as well.

Merry Christmas and happy building!

- Johan

Reactions: Vinnie

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey Johan! Hows it going?

I just finished up the grocer's house in Dorne

1: /warp thetor
2: ~4937 44 23205
3: Build # 2

Go check it out! Looking forward to your feedback :)

~ Vinnie

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Vinnie.

Remember that you are not required to wait for me to deliver feedback before building you next house.

Anyways i don't have a lot of feedback for the second house. It's already been approved by Marge so we can't change anything now. But the house is really good quality so that does not matter.

I only saw two things which i think i would have changed.

• The firewood storage which is elevated two blocks over ground seems kinda unnecessary. Would't They just store it on the floor? But on the other side it might dry faster up there over the fire :D
  • There is two table drawers on the ground floor. That is an expensive item i would reserve for middel and high class. And low class house noted to "selling produce of bad quality". I would use the bench blocks instead.

Really good house! Looking forward to see your next one.

- Johan

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey Johan!

Good to know.

There’s a plot I have in the works in Kings Landing right now that I’m excited for you to check out. However, I’ll be away from my computer for a day or two for the time being. I’ll post details promptly thereafter.
As always, thanks a ton!

-Vinnie

Reactions: JohanKR850

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey!

Posting the coordinates of the KL plot we went over. Thanks again for all the help!:)

1: /warp kl32
2: ~ 3611 42 -746
3: Build #3

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey Johan!

I apologize if you have not seen me on the server in recent days. That said, I just wanted to let someone on the server know that I will likely be a few more days away. I just didn't want anyone to think I had died. You can just like this reply so I know you know lol.

Vinnie

Playwright
HEY!!! :D

It feels like its been a long while! Just posting to announce another build.

1: /warp Varner
2: ~ -2685 44 15595
3: Build #4

This was definitely new kind of build for me so I'm not sure about the result but I'm still looking forward to your feedback.
ttys
~Vinnie

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Heyo Vinnie great to see you had a go at a rural plot!

There is some issues to address, in the yard in particular. You did a great job considering it's your first time.
We will go through it next time i catch you online.

Here are some bullet points for your next build.

Ints:
  • In low class houses i prefer to only use one bench block with kitchen tools on it. The other can be drawers. I think it looks a bit too expensive with two.
  • If you turn the table 90 degrees you can seat more people. There is space enough.
  • The place with the beds could be closed off with a few wattle fences.
Yard:
  • Add more grass in general around the places were people don't walk regularly (like the edges and such).
  • These people depend in the crops from their large yard. So they would use the space more efficiently. There could be maybe 20-30% more crops or even more.
  • A mud patch or two would not hurt.
We can fix these things together in game!
It's great to see you used some alternative crops:D! The chicken coop is good too :D

I would like your final probation build to be another rural house with a yard. We will just extend your probation until that final fifth house is done.

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey Johan!
As always, thanks for the terrific feedback.:)

Is there a time when you're generally on? I live in the US EST time zone. I'll keep checking the dynamap but it'll be easier to meet up if you post on the thread before hand.
I'll get an email notification on my phone. See you soon!

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey Johan. Sorry I missed you last night. My schedule, unfortunately, didn't line up. I will try to be on tonight at 17:00/ 5:00PM EST if you can make it. :)

Vinnie

Playwright
Hello hello hello!
Good seeing you yesterday, Johan! I believe I have finished the plot I was working on yesterday. As ever, I look forward to your review.

1: /warp hammerhalhamlet1
2: ~ -6851 51 20613
3: Build #5

ttys :D:D:D

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Heyo Vinnie! The yard was a big improvement in this house! Only thing is that you need to remember is to replace the farmland under carrots and turnips with some other blocks like plowed soil. You can leave a note asking the project lead to do that with WE.

You have built 5 houses in both rural and urban styles, from Kingslanding to Dorne and you have shown that you master them all. So congratulations i approve of your promotion to builder :D Hopefully you will be with us on Westeroscraft for a long time! You can move on to lead projects or build immersive houses around the server.

To know what you can now do, see this link General stuff. Try your hand at immersion builds. Or do daunting thing of leading a project.

Looking forward to building with you Vinnie!