Probation:TheOldWolf52

TheOldWolf52

Mummer
This is my probation thread, started 6/1/2020. For my first build, I've made a small worker's house outside of duskendale. /warp ddflaxfarm 4894/49/11265.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Welcome to the team Theoldwold!

I'll be your probation leader. Thank you for posting your coordinates and nearest warps, that's exactly what I need!

I know there are few building spots right now. If you're struggling I can always try my best to assign you something to do myself!

I encourage you engage with the community and start hanging out with your fellow probationary buddies! Or get to meet the oldies like myself, we're loaded with stories and information you need. So please, you use your "elders" as a resource!

Also, be considerate of implying the "would they," or "would I" logic. Essentially as you build you need to ask yourself "Would they be able to afford a book?" Probably no. "Would I want a cabbage patch here?" Hmmm, yes. The more questions you ask yourself the more you'll be able to learn the answers when others tell you otherwise.

Have fun out there! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

TheOldWolf52

Mummer
Thanks. I would be very grateful to be assigned spots, as I've struggled to find anything outside of the two I've already built in. I'm in a very unusual position where right now I have absolutely nothing I can do but sit around in the house, and I would love to put all those hours to good use on something productive (hopefully the server). I know that I'm very new, but I would love to tackle a mini project like a hamlet or a castle with no canon information, where I could just dive in to a lot of work very quickly. If that's not possible yet I understand, but if it is than just let me know what I have to do to make it happen. Thanks

Reactions: DutchGuard

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Wolf!

I saw your application for an immersion build. I'm not sure if you received permission from online mods to test for it and to apply, however in regards to Iwan's Response, it seems that that was probably not so (?). Just incase you had not, I encourage you to ask if something is permissible before applying as immersion builds are reserved generally for those who have completed their probationary period. If you had asked, pardon my previous comment, I simply am uninformed of what communications occurred in my absence :).

I too agree with Iwan. The idea seems great in theory but your application was a bit below standard highlighting why we have this period. It is my job to inform you of the yes's and no's of the building style and You're only a day into your first probationary period. You haven't even gotten the first melon of feedback from me haha.

I will open up some plots at Mance's camp when time avails here soon. I wanted to avoid opening more before I could finish up redoing the nearby terraforming, and start a server build but, it seems that they're in need! I will see what else can do for you.

In the meantime, I implore you to maintain activity on the server, you never know what random task a builder needs help with! Also, keep building models that you might use in places like the playground etc, there is nothing wrong with testing and getting ideas rolling for when you're out of probation! I will happily help move whatever it is you built to your new plot at the end of the month! If you build homes directly correlated to ongoing projects, I will provide feedback and allow them to count for the 5 needed to be approved at the end of the month!

Lastly, if you're on at the moment. I have a few tents in mance's that are still lacking interiors that I missed. Simply fly left when you /warp mancescamp and then first stream/forest ground has them! You may have to scavenge around for the empty ones but they're there! <3 If you don't like tents, do not fret, there is no need to do them if you don't want, however, they've been great at teaching probationary builders the importance of logic and minimalism.

Thank you for your understanding OldWolf!

Last edited:
Reactions: DutchGuard and Iwan

TheOldWolf52

Mummer
Hey Wolf!

I saw your application for an immersion build. I'm not sure if you received permission from online mods to test for it and to apply, however in regards to Iwan's Response, it seems that that was probably not so (?). Just incase you had not, I encourage you to ask if something is permissible before applying as immersion builds are reserved generally for those who have completed their probationary period. If you had ask pardon my previous comment, I simply an uninformed of what communications occurred in my absence :).

I too agree with Iwan. The idea seems great in theory your application was a bit below standard highlighting why we have this period. It is my job to inform you of the yes's and no's of the building style and You're only a day into your first probationary period. You haven't even gotten the first melon of feedback from me haha.

I will open up some plots at Mance's camp when time avails here soon. I wanted to avoid opening more before I could finish up redoing the nearby terraforming, and start a server build but, it seems that they're in need! I will see what else can do for you.

In the meantime, I implore you to maintain activity on the server, you never know what random task a builder needs help with! Also, keep building models that you might use in places like the playground etc, there is nothing wrong with testing and getting ideas rolling for when you're out of probation! I will happily help move whatever it is you built to your new plot at the end of the month! If you build homes directly correlated to ongoing projects, I will provide feedback and allow them to count for the 5 needed to be approved at the end of the month!

Lastly, if you're on at the moment. I have a few tents in mance's that are still lacking interiors that I missed. Simply fly left when you /warp mancescamp and then first stream/forest ground has them! You may have to scavenge around for the empty ones but they're there! <3 If you don't like tents, do not fret, there is no need to do them if you don't want, however, they've been great at teaching probationary builders the importance of logic and minimalism.

Thank you for your understanding OldWolf!
I completely get the Immersion project thing. I had permission and encouragement in game, but only b/c there was a misunderstanding as to the immersion project/mini project thing.