Probation: Pigxle

_Benja

Street Preacher
1st House

Interior:

There are a few parts where the furnishing seems too ornate for this Low Class house

Ex: The stools in the kitchen would fit better in a middle class styling as opposed to Lower Class. Also, the fireplace feels too large for just a serf family, I would try going for a fireplace similar to the house on the corner of that street (-6662.424 / 53 / 17684.589).

Exterior: The only thing I notice here is that the arrow slit carved into the house as a window seems very ornate for a Low Class house. However, this seems to be recurring throughout the houses, so I would (I will as well if I see him first) ask Elduwin to get an approval on those if need be.

Other than this, good work! I look forward to seeing the rest of your builds :)

Reactions: Pixeld_

Rattlez

Messenger
Hmmm, dont you have a probation leader Pigxle? I'll leave some melons at the dedham house for you to look at but I can't approve anything for you even when you correct mistakes and so on :D

_Benja

Street Preacher
Sincere apologies for my late reply! :)

Conkhf1 Farmer:

If you've taken heed to the given feedback (watermelons above build) I can firmly say I have no more to chime in on!

Dedham1 Mill Family:

Since it is not specified (at least not in the build description), you could take out the bed located opposite of the fireplace and countertops and convert it to a table that's connected, rather than have the 2 separate tables which seem to look a little awkward in the entry way.

The garden needs an entry way! I would recommend maybe by the fireplace that has the bocage on it, if the project lead doesn't have another intended spot, you could take that out and add a small gate.

Lastly, finish the garden please! :)

Uffham3 House:

I really like what you've one here!

It looks like you're still not quite done so I might suggest a small outdoor area for the farmer to grow some crop, hang clothes or chop wood.

Risley Family House:

I think you're off to a good start but there just needs a few tweaks.

The front facade looks rather plain, you could try adding some windows (2 blocks tall) or a small shrub like the house next to you does.

I'd try to avoid using 1 tall windows like you have in the back (unless the project lead approves), it looks a little out of place with the rest of the build(s).

I'm going to start with the top floor first, since I have a very minimal issue with it. The thatch roofing is still showing on the last part, I would recommend completing it using the oak wood half doors (not as bulky as stairs)

For the bottom floor I just have a few issues that should be addressed.

The layout plan feels very off in that the space could be used a little better. I would recommend checking the other middle class houses and observing their kitchen area. Instead of having the dining table as the centerpiece, it could be off to the side and in its stead you could have more shelving space (the family does seem to have a sizable amount of crops). The possibilities here are quite numerous!

If you would like a nice example, you could check the Middle Class house next door for some ideas!

I don't want you to think I don't like the lower floor, I just think the space could be used a bit more to its potential to become a bit more realistic and fitting to your surrounding builds!

Overall you're doing good! Take to the feedback and the project lead's feedback and you'll do great! And remember... my approval does not mean that the build is approved, you must take to any extra feedback the project lead might give to be granted an approval!

_Benja

Street Preacher
Hey @Pigxle , how is your Probation going? Do you have any questions? If you're just taking a break or are busy that's totally fine, just want to make sure you're not needing any questions asked ;P

_Benja

Street Preacher
For the the remainder of your probation month you are required to build 5 houses in different styles. Once completed, you may continue posting your further builds or not, if you want. Therefore, since you have built 5 houses, you have your required done (Once they receive project leader approval). I’d still recommend posting any builds here that are done during the remainder of your Probation though so I can help you more :)