Probation: Lukqs

Lukqs

Bard
First house build at /warp sfvillage, cords XYZ: -6026 / 57 / 10682.
it is a low class farmers house

Lukqs

Bard
Second house build at /warp dd, cords XYZ: 5465 / 47 / 11726.
it are 2 low class farmers houses with a shared yard

Reactions: Xeson

Lukqs

Bard
Third house build at /warp rlhamlet3 cord XYZ: -5017 / 35 / 15692
it is a low class fishermans house

Lukqs

Bard
Fourth house build at /warp waterman cords XYZ: -3639 / 40 / -2512.
it is a low class farmer + family house

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Lukqs,

Sorry for the lack of response on this! We've had a bit of a flux in the people who have been active in the last few months (mostly due to school I presume), so somehow this must have slipped under the radar.

I'd be more than happy to take a look at your houses and give some feedback, if you're on in the next couple days.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Lukqs,

I've been wanting to catch you in-game to go through stuff, but haven't had much luck with the timezones. Anyways, I've gone through the houses you've made so far. Overall they seem pretty solid! You have a good sense for interior arrangements.

One piece of feedback I'd give is that I noticed some large bulky 2-wide wardrobes in small peasant houses, which I'd generally avoid. It's not very space-efficient, and making use of space is particularly important for cramped peasant houses.

Just a couple more specific things:

- Try to avoid doing dirt slabs like this, where only the diagonal corners touch. It looks kind of messy and makes it difficult to walk over them. Always make sure that the slabs touch at least one adjacent slab block, like this instead. Also, as an aside, if you ever do slabs on dirt roads, it helps to do slab layers with longer width so the slope is more even.

- If you have small houses with thatch rooves, like this one, you can sometimes get away with not completely covering the ceiling with stairs, i.e. just making sure you have sturdy enough rafters. Thatch rooves are actually deceptively sturdy, and the long interwoven strands help support each other as long as there's enough rafters underneath. Doing this will help make the interiors look less cramped.

Overall good work so far! Keep posting any houses here and I'll try to check them out. Make sure to ask me or another mod to bump you to full builder once it's been a full month since you started this thread.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I think he’s actually ready to be promoted now (just ask a mod in-game), since it’s been over a month since he started and I didn’t really notice any substantial issues. Thanks for the offer though.

Reactions: AerioOndos