Probation: KJS1000

KJS1000

Mummer
I'm not seeing any melons at those houses but I fixed everything that you mentioned here. Also I took a look at some other forges and the majority of them didn't have bellows so I removed it.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I’ll be on tonight to check them all

I’m sure I plastered Musgood and Sth buildings with melons so that’s being weird.

With the forge bellows, did you find the one in the northern wells done by Zanji? It’s always good to have a look at what other builders are doing and see what you can incorporate into your own style.

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell

KJS1000

Mummer
After 30 min of searching I found the bellow you were talking about! Still no melons though, you're right it must just be acting weird.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
okay, I have no idea where they went. so I have left more. the Musgood house is now good and approved but I've made heavy changes to the sth house and left lots of melons there. your earlier house I have modified into an example of ints and ext features.

Now, I didn't get around to your other houses today but if you know of any issues you've continued making after the sth houses and I've called you up on it, go ahead and make the changes! You did great work with the sth yards.

my only worry is how many flies are in the yard. has manure been freshly spread? maybe you could indicate that with a manure pile or a cart-load of dung ready for shovelling.

Great work, keep it up.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I've had a look at your updated sth house and theres 1 thing left to do.
The sarsfield house also has a few melons. just little details really.

Were you the one to fix up the pyle yard? cos it is really well done. Same with the houses gradient and the exterior. I've left a few melons on the interior.

The dark wood house needs a considerable amount of work, starting with the roof. Then you can spruce up your end of the yard. I've left melons there also

Last edited:

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Nice work fixing up the dark wood house. As the furnace is burning make sure you remember about smoke.
I also left a few more melons there, just as a means to make the yard more interesting. You could even put in a small berry plot (blueberries/raspberries/blackberries) near the edge/informal divide between the two houses yards.
I also would recommend a small smoker as it means the fisherman has a means of preserving his catches. I’ve left an example flying in the air, it’s inactive but ready to be lit.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Looking really good when I last checked. I’ll go through the houses again this weekend.

However, I would like you to build 1 more house taking into account feedback on interior ceilings and gradients particularly.

I’m confident it’ll be brilliant, the next you’re all set to become a full builder

KJS1000

Mummer
I had some problems with this one, I couldn't find a way to put a door leading to the yard. There's an entrance on the side of the yard, but it doesn't connect to the house.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I’ll have a look at it. Rattlez has been away for a bit so it might not have been a decided on location for the plot

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I had some problems with this one, I couldn't find a way to put a door leading to the yard. There's an entrance on the side of the yard, but it doesn't connect to the house.

Okay in this instance there was no need to put a door leading to the yard. However, I found a way you could make the entrance that way.

So, the house is in a floodprone region (hence the hamlet being behind a dyke/levy) and this house is legit just 2m up from the waterlevel. So, it makes sense to me that the house could be on low stilts. This would lift up the house enough for the entrance to be from the yard and thus make an entrance on the river side pointless. I've left the coordinates to a stilt house in SS (By Codd) on a melon.

Also, don't feel compelled to put a door solely for access to the yard. I only do when there is a need to do so i.e. there is no other entrance to the yard possible such as in a town setting. This also means you have more room for interior furniture.
Make sure you have enough furniture for a family in the fisher house! there's barely enough room for 1 person to dine there. Why not have a barrel with 3 dark thatch/leather slabs around it?
I've left some other things on melons. Once these are addressed, I think your fine to be promoted. Remember to pay attention to the styleguides, they are there for a reason and if you cant find one, don't use features that aren't in the rest of the location. e.g. net windows when there are wattle fence windows.