Probation: JackmeisterFlex

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Jack, first off welcome to the team! I hope you've enjoyed it thus far! I really loved my time on probation, learning all the neat facts and stories to our server; I was still so young and innocent... so innocent... ANYWAYS, I'll take over your Probation! If you have any questions please feel free to message me or holler at me in-game. I'll get to your homes when time comes around; I might do all to one at a time. Please be understanding if I am a bit slow as I'm rather busy! But I'll make sure you're set and ready to go for when your month is up! Have fun!

jackmeisterflexx

Mummer
Hey Jack, first off welcome to the team! I hope you've enjoyed it thus far! I really loved my time on probation, learning all the neat facts and stories to our server; I was still so young and innocent... so innocent... ANYWAYS, I'll take over your Probation! If you have any questions please feel free to message me or holler at me in-game. I'll get to your homes when time comes around; I might do all to one at a time. Please be understanding if I am a bit slow as I'm rather busy! But I'll make sure you're set and ready to go for when your month is up! Have fun!
Take good care of me otty!
Should I post the coordinates of all my builds to this thread?

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Jack! Hope everything is going okay! I have feedback on the first house, and I am very impressed thus far! Hope you're finding everything okay!

1. The loft on the interior is unreachable. Please ensure that it is assessable.

2. I often feel that stone countertops are unlikely and a bit unrealistic, I recommend placing it with a upside-down stair.

3. 2 block lumps on roofs make the roof feel overwhelming lumpy, my suggestion avoid having to 2 lumps or more in a row.

4. Try to make your stone walls feel more smooth, avoid random stair blocks and slabs and keep it consistently flat with an occasional divet (a missing slab or so) to make it feel more natural. :)

5. a gate would be nice for the gardens

6. Upon entering the gardens there is this entire unused section of dirt and gravel that isn't used because it's being terraced by daub and wattle. If I was a person in medieval times, I would have filled that space in and used it! Try adding some dirt and making more veggie patches out of it! Try to think about maximizing the use of space as they would have done back then.

7. I am also not a fan of drawers as overhead storage. Think about it, it would be such a pain to reach into one of those drawers to get a spoon out! Not very practical D:!

Good job! Ill do more here in the future!

Last edited:

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hello again! I left melons on all of your homes in LHT I'm going to make these brief

-Rafters are needed in two of the houses, please ensure that when you are building floors you are including slabs or upside downstairs to create upper floors and ceilings. AS there needs to be a format to support such things.

-Cannot access the lofts in one house

-Use of stones as a countertop

-Expensive knife for low class

-Berry Bushes wouldn't grow in the way you have them, they tend to grow in large sections with more space

- This isn't in your melons, but I do want to point out that just because they are fishermen doesn't mean in particular they'd have barrels of fish in their house, there is likely a space for them such as a warehouse for them to store fish elsewhere :)

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
WH homes, (only saw two?)

There are melons at these homes but the majority of them discuss the same thing

Many of your homes seem to use a lot food, these people are poor people, food was not in abundance to them. Avoid open crates of carrots and turnips etc. As well, you like to give them two benches of utensils, and the same goes here, they wouldn't have likely been able to afford such items.

-Try repurposing some items for the people, use crates as tables and counters, more barrels as side tables etc. New stuff was expensive, try to make it seems like the gathered what they could to use in their homes.

-Maximizing space would be crucial, the open gap on the second floor in one home seems like more effort to have it there than it would be to just cover the entire floor. Plus that space could be extra bed or storage space.

-Check the back of all the homes, there are melons on the backside that discuss having better wood mixes and rafters :D!
Either way really good job on your homes! I'll get to the others later!

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Uffering Village home

Only had a quick look before my game crashed telling me I need to study

Add some stairs to the fireplace to allow it to merge better into the chimney. <3

These are getting better, However, I may return to this home and add more feedback to it when I get a chance.

jackmeisterflexx

Mummer
Just to let you know, some things got rolled back on my WH homes when the limeworks were pasted in, the ints might be a bit different now

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Jack! I got your final houses

1st off, Mances camp isn't something I would consider ideal for probation, poorly designed homes and a bit dated. Since you had 6 locations anyways it doesnt matter. But to be entirely honest, I don't believe I could give fair feedback on the mances house other than that the roof is far too flat and needs to be more dome-like! So many of the houses aren't consistent!

However, at Edenford, I believe your houses are pretty good. Just some details.

THe entire chimney is the same stone, I suggest mixing it with other blocks. This allows there to be more texture created and look a little more realistic and less of repetitive patter.

The weed in the backyard seems pointless and unlikely. Think about where the most traffic would be? Where would the homeowners be most likely walking? Wherever that is, don't put grass. However if its the edge of a path, where stomping and crush of weeds is less likely, then weeds may grow there.

Kinda missing the rafters once again. It's not so bad in this home as per say other homes, however.

A lot of your house issues have been minor details, nothing of concern to prevent you from moving forward. BUt I would really like to see some of the houses you've built after receiving feedback from others, just to see if any of this critique is getting through or not as a lot of the homes had similar problems. :D! However, CONGRATS, you get to level up to full builder tomorrow! Ask a mod to remove your E and help you select a plot!

jackmeisterflexx

Mummer
Hey otty!

I posted a reply a while back but it seems it didn't go trough for some reason, so here's a late reply.
Just wanted to say thanks for helping me through the probation period, I'm certain your tips have helped me improve as a builder!
I'll try to post coordinates to some of my newer builds as soon as I get on, having some trouble atm with the launcher.

Thanks again!